If Auto_Swap_Neutral = true, let player use :s to attack (for backstabbing)
issueid=2831 04-18-2014 11:42 PM
Number of reported issues by Dogbreath: 74
If Auto_Swap_Neutral = true, let player use :s to attack (for backstabbing)

Basically, auto_swap_neutral is an awesome feature, but it makes it so you can't successfully backstab a neutral or friendly creature.

Instead, I suggest that :s should work as a toggle both ways, so if you use it and auto swap is already on, it'll give you the "do you really want to backstab *foo*?" prompt.

Either that, or make backstabbing an applicable skill. Right now if you try to apply it, it just says "pick a suitable target."
Issue Details
Issue Number 2831
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 8
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 22
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 5
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

04-19-2014 04:09 AM
I vote for making backstabbing an applicable skill, if only to avoid complications with the monk's level 25 ability to switch places with a hostile monster (assuming the monk's ability uses :s... I can never seem to keep a monk alive long enough to find out).

04-19-2014 04:37 AM
It wouldn't cause complications. Auto_Swap_Neutral only swaps, you guessed it, neutral monsters.

Whereas the automatic response for running into a hostile monster is to attack. :s in this case activates the monk power. The monk's level 25 power doesn't affect interactions with neutral monsters...

04-19-2014 07:20 AM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by Dogbreath
Whereas the automatic response for running into a hostile monster is to attack. :s in this case activates the monk power. The monk's level 25 power doesn't affect interactions with neutral monsters...
From a purely logical point of view it works, but he's right that it will be confusing for the human controlling the monk to need :s to attack some monsters and to avoid attacking others. Right now, as a monk, you know that :s will just swap with any monster, hostile or not.

+ Reply