Fatal crash, caused by a statue maybe...?
issueid=2824 04-18-2014 10:35 PM
Number of reported issues by kNightCrawler: 8
Fatal crash, caused by a statue maybe...?
As above

My PC was about to step onto a magical statue beside a few river squares in D:13 when a more-or-less standard Windows error message came up that ADOM has encountered an error and needs to close.

Unfortunately since the save file was lost, and there was no 'adom.err' file generated [I tried searching my computer...], there is not a lot of information I can give to reproduce it. This doesn't happen for all magical statues since I encountered one earlier and the game didn't crash. Of course I didn't get to read which statue it was that the PC was going to step onto either because the game had crashed before that stage.

Interestingly, the option was given to debug the error in Microsoft Visual Studio, which produced the following line [I really don't know if this might help in any way...]:

The thread 0x150c has exited with code 0 (0x0).
Unhandled exception at 0x6F792074 in adom.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation executing location 0x6F792074.
Issue Details
Issue Number 2824
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 7 (NotEye)
Status Fixed
Priority 2
Affected Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 21
Fixed Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 22
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 1
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

04-18-2014 10:49 PM
Administrator
Please check the save game directory, there might be a backup of your save game (<character name>.bak)?

04-19-2014 01:34 AM
I checked the save directory, there's nothing there =\

04-19-2014 07:43 PM
Ancient Member
I did not get the windows error message or any error messages whatsoever adom simply closed, no error dumpfile generated either. I read this bug report before starting to play, so especially saved the game when I encountered my first statue. My backup savefile was in the save directory, so I'm uploading it.

04-19-2014 08:48 PM
Administrator
Thanks, Stingray1 for the save game. I could find the problem ("just" a simple buffer overflow when building the statue message).

+ Reply