ADOM crashes after casting Summon Monsters
issueid=3425 11-23-2014 01:12 AM
Number of reported issues by Waladil: 7
ADOM crashes after casting Summon Monsters

So I was in the midst of pacifying the Big Room, and I stumbled onto a spellbook of summon monsters. I already had a cage of doors for mobs in the big room, plus all my doors were locked with Magic Lock, so I figured I'd try out Summon Monsters to try and pack them in faster than waiting for breeders to spawn.

I opened the northernmost door, stepped in, and was attacked by a few of the locals, and cast Summon Monsters. ADOM immediately crashed.

Character was a level 15 female Mist Elf Wizard on D:6 (big room). No recent saves are available for reproduction.

I loaded up exploration mode, and used the wand of wishing to get spellbooks of summon monster. ADOM still crashed when cast by a level one female mist elf wizard, as well as a level one male human wizard. It looks like this is a general crash when that spell is cast.

Guess I'm done with ADOM for a while. Losing characters to YASD is annoying, but makes me want to try again and do better. Losing characters to crashing is just incredibly frustrating.

Please also implement one or more of the savegame features discussed in other threads.
Issue Details
Issue Number 3425
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 7
Status Fixed
Priority 2
Affected Version ADOM r52
Fixed Version ADOM r53
Milestone Initial Steam Release
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

11-23-2014 01:12 AM
Issue Changed by Waladil