Herbs Still Train Stat Potentials
issueid=2847 04-20-2014 04:14 AM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by JellySlayer: 114
Herbs Still Train Stat Potentials

Herbs can still be used to train potentials despite that this issue was supposed to be fixed for pre21.

Method:
-Raise stat to one below potential (20/21).
-Consume a large amount of the appropriate herb (20-30 should work).
-Wait for increase to 21/21
-Wait for increase to 21/22

I tested this in pre21 and it definitely still happens.
Issue Details
Issue Number 2847
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Fixed
Priority 4
Affected Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 21
Fixed Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 22
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 1
Users unable to reproduce bug 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

04-20-2014 07:28 AM
The Creator
IIRC it's not supposed to be totally gone - but it has become much harder than before. Do you think the current state is a problem?

04-20-2014 08:21 AM
Ancient Member
I think what most of us want is that potentials do not get raised at all by using/eating herbs.

I ate about 6 morgia root, uncertain about B/U/C. Was very disappointed when my Toughness potential went up. I have noticed that a bit more is required to raise the stat itself. Which is going to make it even more unlikely for an unspoiled player to discover the secrets of stat training herbs.

One can harvest infinite amounts of herbs which is the problem with them raising stats, the result is that every character ends up with Wi, Dx, To at 25+ in the early midgame.

04-20-2014 11:42 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Stingray1
the result is that every character ends up with Wi, Dx, To at 25+ in the early midgame.
Increasing potentials with excess amount of herbs fails about 40-50% of the time. On average without scumming for stat-decreasing corpses... You may get 2-3, maybe 4 if stat if low increase in potentials - but then it fails and you are capped. Hardly 25-25-25, as you describe.

04-20-2014 12:29 PM
Ancient Member
It doesn't matter what the percentage chances are, as herbs are available in unlimited supply and it is easy to decrease Wi and To without even corpses, by casting from HP. Dx is even easier to decrease with cursed moss of mareilon.

04-20-2014 01:37 PM
Ancient Member
I have to agree with Stingy here. Potential training with herbs should be disabled entirely, while potions of attribute increase should only increase potential up to the current actual value of the attribute and not above that value as right now.

04-20-2014 07:14 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous
I have to agree with Stingy here. Potential training with herbs should be disabled entirely, while potions of attribute increase should only increase potential up to the current actual value of the attribute and not above that value as right now.
Agreed every but not for potions. The infinite herb argument does not apply, and finding a potion and not getting a stat increase is a bummer. Leave me this 3-4 lucky finds please.

04-20-2014 09:12 PM
The Creator
Fixed.

04-20-2014 09:17 PM
Ancient Member
What I meant was that if you have for example 20 strength and 20 potential then after you drink a blessed potion of strength, you'll be standing at 22(22) instead of 22(23) like right now.
If you're at 20 (24), when you drink that potion you will be at 22 (24). Potential is only modified to never be smaller than current base value.
Anyway it seems to have been implemented already somehow so we shall see that pre22 (soon I hope) and judge if it's working as intended for once.

+ Reply