Game stops reacting to commands when using mouse interface
issueid=3684 04-11-2015 07:57 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Evil Knievel: 6
Game stops reacting to commands when using mouse interface
game stops accepting commands when playing only with mouse

tried r57 3x, died quickly every time, game over screen was not displayed, game seemingly kept waiting for commands, but accepted none. Had to kill it with task manager.

EDIT: The defining characteristic to reproduce this is to play MOUSE ONLY. It also happened to me when no death occurred, and on the overworld-map, too. Using keyboard as usual does not cause this problem.

The problem appears real soon, 10-20 turns into game (I always tried to go Terinyo and kill some NPCs), so it should be simple to reproduce.
Issue Details
Issue Number 3684
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 7 (Steam)
Status Duplicate
Priority 2
Affected Version ADOM r57
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

04-12-2015 08:34 AM
Ancient Member
Quick question: is the game completely locked up (as in, absolutely no input works), to be more specific:

- Does the "gloved hand" cursor move and does the yellow marker on the ground follow it as usual?
- Can you switch modes with F10 during the lockup?

If so, this could be a duplicate:
http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=3542

04-12-2015 10:42 AM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by Ravenmore
Quick question: is the game completely locked up (as in, absolutely no input works), to be more specific:

- Does the "gloved hand" cursor move and does the yellow marker on the ground follow it as usual?
- Can you switch modes with F10 during the lockup?

If so, this could be a duplicate:
http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=3542

Both times yes. It is a duplicate. I missed the prompt previously. This bug is quite annoying for new players (my girl-friend was first to discover it, the annoyance and frustration caused destroyed probably my only chance to get her into the game ..)

04-14-2015 07:28 AM
Administrator
Closed as duplicate.

+ Reply