Boss
issueid=285 07-19-2011 08:19 AM
Number of reported issues by VectorX: 22
Boss
Like A Boss

I realize there are already boss monsters (like the Orb Guardians and such). But seeing JADE expands, I feel that it could stand to randomly generate Bosses. Some games might have guardians, the might not. But I feel like a few Easter Eggs would be fun. Like a wild Biskup. Spawns random monsters every few turns. Say it creates random walls and then spawns ANY random monster (could be a giant rat, could be harpy, could be an ancient worm). I think this would cause a lot of speculation of what to do (increasing interest in the general gameplay for users). Also, I wouldn't feel bad dying from a wild Biskup...
Issue Details
Issue Number 285
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM II (formerly known as JADE)
Category Gameplay
Status Suggested
Priority 10 - Lowest
Suggested Version Unknown
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this feature 3
Votes against this feature 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

07-19-2011 01:28 PM
Well, if you found a wild Biskup, I'd imagine it would spawn heaps of bugs, but would actually be hostile to those bugs, and start attacking them.

07-19-2011 07:02 PM
Why would Thomas want players to have to KILL a "wild Biskup"?

07-20-2011 08:11 AM
Lol, I'm not too sure about the 'wild Biskup' idea, but I'd definitely love to see randomly generated 'bosses'.

07-23-2011 09:54 PM
Idea: Broadcast legends. If a certain - lets call them "named" or whatever - monster is generated, let the player be able to actively hunt it by spreading rumors through neighboring towns. The more dangerous the named mob, the farther the legend may travel (so that our puny hero has enough time to toughen up, hehe). It would be even cooler if those mobs wouldn't just be the usual suspects like black unicorns or dragons, but maybe even other adventurers.

Even more awesome idea: AI-controlled adventurers that could be rivals or even optional companions for the PC, doing what adventurers do, i.e. killing monsters, raiding dungeons and stuff. Imagine you enter a dungeon and see the first couple corpses. Is that a banshee level? *dread*... nope, just another adventurer was busy farming for exp and gear. Maybe even let them drop messages. "You pick up the crumpled scroll. You read the crumpled scroll. The crumpled scroll says "beerslayer was here". :)

07-27-2011 09:36 PM
Great... now I've become a monster type... :)

"You hit the beerslayer. The beerslayer critically hits you. You die."

+ Reply