Door closing
issueid=289 07-19-2011 09:41 PM
Number of reported issues by VectorX: 22
Door closing
Close which door?

In ADOM, if there was only one door and you opted to close the door, it wouldn't ask you which door to close, it would just close the door. JADE asks you which one regardless. Can you change it back to ADOM style?
Issue Details
Issue Number 289
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM II (formerly known as JADE)
Category Gameplay
Status Implemented
Priority 7
Suggested Version JADE 0.1.2
Implemented Version JADE 0.2.0
Votes for this feature 2
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

08-12-2011 11:07 PM
The Creator
Fixed for JADE 0.1.3. Please send your real name to creator(at)ancientdomainsofmystery.com for it to be included in the credits.

08-15-2011 02:28 PM
This is fixed in most cases, but here I am standing at a point with one door southeast of me and the start of a long corridor northeast of me. When I try to close the door at the southeast it gives the 'close which door?' text. Apparently your code seems to recognize any transition from room to corridor as a potential door to close (even when there is no door at all).
Closing a random spot results in 'You don't see any door' while trying to close the start of an open corridor results in 'there is nothing here to close'. The same all happens for opening btw. Trying to close a corridor without door when you are not next to a door gives the proper 'there is nothing here to close' message automatically.
With some more testing you can also choose a direction to close/open doors when you are next to two open starting corridors without doors.

08-16-2011 10:07 PM
The Creator
There's still a minor problem as passages count as doors.

08-16-2011 10:09 PM
The Creator
Fixed for JADE 0.1.4. Please send your real name to creator(at)ancientdomainsofmystery.com for it to be included in the credits. (If you were aleady asked to do so you can ignore this message. Please include a reference to the bug or RFE you are credited for.)

09-18-2011 07:23 PM
There is still a minor problem with this in version 0.1.4. I stay between 2 doors, one is closed, one is open. If I press 'c' then it asks 'Close which door?', but it should be obvious that I want to close that door which is open. The same thing happens for opening them.

10-31-2011 12:51 PM
The Creator
Improved again for JADE 0.2.0. Please send your real name to creator(at)ancientdomainsofmystery.com for it to be included in the credits. (If you were already asked to do so you can ignore this message. Please include a reference to the bug or RFE you are credited for.)

10-31-2011 12:51 PM
The Creator
Implemented.

+ Reply