Allow to cancel character creation
issueid=3775 07-26-2015 09:16 PM
Number of reported issues by ixi: 51
Allow to cancel character creation

If you accidentally start character generation there is no way to cancel it. If I realized that I waned to read manual, change difficulty, select different game mode or even just exit after character generation is already started - there are still no way to do this inside game. I need either kill the process or finish character generation and kill it quitting.
Would be great if you could cancel it in any time: starting right from star sign selection and to the very last "What is your name?" prompt. Say by pressing [escape]. With confirmation if you think it's better.

Let's not go deep into re-rolling and star sign selection discussions... Is there any good reason why this feature is missing? It's just annoying and punishes players for nothing. Just a feature of convenience.

P.S. I'd like to have an ability to go back from every screen including history, talents and name but it's another story and RFE...
Issue Details
Issue Number 3775
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Implemented
Priority 6
Suggested Version ADOM r60
Implemented Version ADOM r65 (v2.1.0)
Milestone "Resurrect ADOM" Indiegogo Fulfillment
Votes for this feature 15
Votes against this feature 2
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

08-03-2015 06:05 PM
Pretty high priority assignment for a practically useless RFE here. Perhaps allowing people to choose their starsign would help, but coding in a cancel just because you don't like the starsign you got is not something I would like to see time and effort dedicated towards.

10-15-2015 08:33 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Bieks
but coding in a cancel just because you don't like the starsign you got is not something I would like
You didn't got the point at all. I'm not asking about starsign change at all and I even mentioned it right away in the op. Even wouldn't complain if starsign will be the same after cancellation.

I can't remember another game with character creation without an option to cancel. That's the problem.

10-15-2015 10:22 PM
Yes, this is a totally legitimate idea. Kind of funny that a "practically pointless RFE" would have 10 upvotes, eh Bieks? I actually think the priority here is on the low side, if anything.

This kind of falls under the umbrella of "There's no new idea so good that someone won't downvote it."

10-16-2015 06:26 AM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by gr3ybird
Yes, this is a totally legitimate idea. Kind of funny that a "practically pointless RFE" would have 10 upvotes, eh Bieks? I actually think the priority here is on the low side, if anything.

This kind of falls under the umbrella of "There's no new idea so good that someone won't downvote it."
Sounds like ignorance toward coding; the 'time' and 'effort' it takes to code would be under five minutes.

Also quarterbacking as the dev's personal assistant again by treating a vote against a feature one doesn't care that much about as a vote for time spent on ones they prefer, instead of just ranking the idea on its own merit.

You know what might be an idea? Instead of a 'yes' or 'no' vote, get rid of the priority and allow the voter to vote how much they like the idea on a scale of 1 to 10 that replaces the OP-defined priority.

01-06-2016 08:55 PM
The Creator
Fixed for R65.

+ Reply