Problem with animations and text in R65
issueid=4256 01-31-2016 01:35 AM
Number of reported issues by pjsb1: 21
Problem with animations and text in R65
Text and animations seem to be advancing too soon.

After playing for some time in the most recent version I discovered that when fighting the text will skip to the end without showing a (more) prompt. This made me use a lot of :m to see what had happened during the turn. This didn't seem to be a problem with background things like a shopkeeper ringing a bell, those always seemed to have a more prompt. Chatting with someone was also find.

I also used a wand a few times and about halfway through the animation it was cut short and the text skipped to the end like while fighting. This also happened when a hell hound shot fire breath at me.
Issue Details
Issue Number 4256
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 7
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version ADOM r65 (v2.1.0)
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 2
Users unable to reproduce bug 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

01-31-2016 10:25 PM
I'm really curious if anyone else is having this problem. Can anyone confirm this?

02-01-2016 04:50 AM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by pjsb1
I'm really curious if anyone else is having this problem. Can anyone confirm this?
I lined up four five monsters and zapped wands at them and after cast bolt. Both times game gave me prompt 'more'...

02-01-2016 05:03 AM
Hmm, what OS do you run?

This could just be me, but apparently someone else has been able to reproduce the bug according to the counter.

02-01-2016 05:51 AM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by pjsb1
Hmm, what OS do you run?

This could just be me, but apparently someone else has been able to reproduce the bug according to the counter.
Windows 7. It might dpend on what message display setting you use (there are like 3). I've seen skips like that before, so I am not sure this a new issue.
For example:http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=3815

But i seriously can't replicate situation where it would do that consistently.

02-01-2016 03:27 PM
Ancient Member
As in the bug Soirana links to, try "ctrl-k" and change it to not skip ahead during monster turns.

02-10-2016 06:02 AM
I can reproduce it, happens to me quite a lot, i'll give the ctrl-k a try and report back :)

02-10-2016 11:02 AM
ctrl-k did work, had to push it a couple of times to get to the right setting but it worked for me

+ Reply