Make "soaker" absorb health similar to necromancer ability
issueid=4224 01-11-2016 06:57 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Blank4u47: 29
Make "soaker" absorb health similar to necromancer ability

As title says, i feel soaker should absorb health but not like the vampiric prefix, but rather like the necromancers shadow touch, as it would not only make it a highly desirable artifact, but it would offer a different play style, which I personally would find very fun.
Issue Details
Issue Number 4224
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 10 - Lowest
Suggested Version ADOM r65 (v2.1.0)
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 3
Votes against this feature 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

01-11-2016 07:14 PM
Could change its name to "Sucker" at the same time ;)

01-11-2016 09:07 PM
Ancient Member
See 3958 for a rather extensive discussion of this artifact.

01-12-2016 12:37 AM
Ancient Member
I don't think this would fit the artifact's theme (a weapon made to slay jellies and protect against their special attacks).

01-12-2016 12:26 PM
Ancient Member
Soaker suggests that the weapon... soaks stuff. I'd say this RFE is very fitting thematically.
It's the jelly related stuff (no offence Jelly :D) that, in my opinion, doesn't entirely seem to fit.
Though of course you could argue that it soaks the stuff that normally paralyzes PCs.
However in case of regular weapons with typically long reach, I wonder how the paralytic substance actually crawls all the way to the hand wielding such a long weapon in a single turn to paralyze the wielder by skin contact.
On-touch (or actually on-hit/slash/stab/cut etc) paralysis never made any sense to me but that's just an afterthought.

01-12-2016 12:55 PM
Ancient Member
Maybe it splashes on you? I always imagined that blood/jelly stuff gets all over you when you slay them.

01-12-2016 01:46 PM
Ancient Member
Then how does it not splash on you when you shoot it with arrows, quarrels etc. at POINT BLANK range (i.e. exact same range you use when meleeing things)?
Does a thrown spear cause less "splash" than the same spear used to stab the same area in melee?

01-12-2016 01:55 PM
Ancient Member
No clue, but I assume that if the dungeon tile is big enough to fit an ancient wyrm, it's big enough that your character isn't smashed directly next to something he's shooting.

+ Reply