:allow_skip in adom.msg configuration is buggy
issueid=4367 08-04-2016 12:36 PM
Number of reported issues by Harkila: 154
:allow_skip in adom.msg configuration is buggy
If allow_skip is used, it actually automatically skips the messages.

:no_skip and :allow_skip are extremely handy in controlling the messages you want to see in Adom, but unfortunately :allow_skip doesn't function appropriately, at least as I have understood it. Currently it seems to function as a force_skip, i.e. whenever an allow_skip message is generated, it's skipped (the game "presses space for you" and the message is not shown). You need to go to the message buffer to actually see the messages.

Shouldn't allow_skip be merely a "turnoff flag" for no_skip? At current, there's no way to make the custom messages appear normally in-game, they're either no_skip or disappearing.
Issue Details
Issue Number 4367
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All without NotEye
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version ADOM r65 (v2.1.0)
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users jt
Tags (none)

10-18-2017 07:27 PM
This seems to be a good time to bump this one up as I had to redo my adom.msg after the 2.3.5 release. :)

10-19-2017 10:06 AM
Administrator
Can you give an example? I can't seem to reproduce it (my test message is shown in both cases with :no_skip and :allow_skip). [Internally :allow_skip just turns off the :no_skip flag].

10-20-2017 08:25 PM
Please find a savefile attached, as well as my adom.msg with the last row significant in this scenario. Because of the :allow_skip, the row where "You miss the jackal" is populated, it's immediately disappearing (the game is internally pressing the 'more' for me) and the next one is visible. The only other alternative for highlighting anything would be :no_skip, which is not nice for some less relevant messages.

10-22-2017 04:12 PM
Administrator
I still can't reproduce this (see attachment). The white message is shown in the message buffer.

10-22-2017 10:48 PM
You get the same behaviour also in ASCII mode?
I play the non-NotEye version for Windows, if it's relevant.

+ Reply