Kicking Foes
issueid=3849 08-31-2015 04:35 AM
palandus
Number of reported issues by palandus:
Kicking Foes
Kicking a foe knocks them back a space.

The purpose behind this idea is to make a target move backwards a single space to accomplish something with them. Things that this would be useful for are:

1) Kicking a foe so that land on an Altar space so that you can sacrifice them.
2) Kicking a foe into a trap, so that they activate the trap again and suffer it's effects.
3) Kicking a foe into water so that they start to drown.
4) Kicking a foe into a room, closing the door, and then magically locking the door on them.
5) Kicking a foe backwards so that they don't follow you up/down a staircase.

Some foes you shouldn't attempt to kick, as these may try to grab/bite your leg and possibly rip it off such as balors/dragons, or kicking them hurts immensely such as Stone Giant.

EDIT: Seriously, AGAIN? Okay, this is also supposed to be in the Features section.
Issue Details
Issue Number 3849
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 8.1 (NotEye)
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version ADOM r60
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 3
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

08-31-2015 07:43 AM
Ancient Member
I think this would be extremely difficult to balance.
For one thing you need to relate PC's strength to a monster's strength, weight, dexterity...
There could be a thousand combinations.
Who's to say that hitting them with a huge hammer couldn't have the same effect? I'd say it could yet it doesn't happen.
This is a case of needless complication though perhaps it could be applied on a smaller scale - for rats, cats, dogs and other small animals, a kick would lift them off the ground and send them sprawling away without doing any actual damage.
Still, I smell and implementation nightmare.

+ Reply