Rolf dialog illogical
issueid=5158 10-03-2017 08:15 AM
Number of reported issues by BenMathiesen: 99
Rolf dialog illogical

I found the Heart of A. and returned to the fortress to see if Rolf had any advice. He just says "Maybe I'll have other tasks for you later... we'll see."
If he has no advice to give, that's OK, but since I haven't stopped the volcano he should tell me to keep trying to stop it, so the player knows the quest is unresolved.
Issue Details
Issue Number 5158
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All without NotEye
Status Awaiting Feedback
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version ADOM 2.3.3
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

10-03-2017 12:40 PM
The Creator
You are 100% sure you didn't stop the volcanoes? That's weird... the message should have been different. The code is pretty clear.

Testing...

10-03-2017 12:51 PM
Very sure--I found the 'Heart' but I haven't figured out what to do with it yet, and the world is still exploding and shaking every few turns. I just went to see the Ice Queen, but she was no help at all. :-)

10-03-2017 01:40 PM
The Creator
Sorry, I can't reproduce this one.

The code seems to be very clear on this and works when I try to reproduce it. Can you produce a save file?

My guess would be that for some reason ADOM assumes that you already stopped the volcanic activities... but I'm not sure how it could come to that conclusion... is the game a game that was started with a version before 2.3.3?

10-03-2017 02:09 PM
No, started in 2.3.3.

Save attached. My last conversation with Rolf was quite a while ago--as mentioned, I went to see Thrundarr and the Ice Queen since then.

+ Reply