Dark Elf Skin Incorrect in NotEye
issueid=2487 11-19-2013 06:45 PM
Number of reported issues by Wigdaddy: 12
Dark Elf Skin Incorrect in NotEye
Skin tone does not match game monster descriptions.

The Adom Manual and monster memory both specify that Dark Elves have black or dark skin and white hair, but the NotEye interface shows them with light tan skin.

The hair's been fixed since this originally posted, but the skin is now even lighter than before.

I do have an idea for a fix, but this is not mandatory: Inverting the original tiles yields the correct colors.

I think that looks really good, but if that method is for any reason difficult to implement then whatever gets the bug fixed is all that counts — this is not an RFE.

At this point just changing the skin to black or dark blue would probably also do the trick.

Thanks,

Benjamin Keller
Issue Details
Issue Number 2487
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All with NotEye
Status Fixed
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version ADOM r61
Fixed Version ADOM r64 (v2.0.3)
Milestone Potential work pipeline
Users able to reproduce bug 4
Users unable to reproduce bug 1
Assigned Users Ravenmore
Tags (none)

11-24-2015 11:03 AM
Ancient Member
Changes comitted, coming in the next Steam version. I won't push this too far, but the new sprites should strike a reasonable balance.

11-26-2015 04:03 AM
That's incredible to hear - thank you, Ravenmore! I appreciate your attention to this issue (even more so now I know you were responsible for actually making the change).

12-23-2015 09:28 AM
It's looking really nice now - just rolled a Dark Elf Priest and everything meshed perfectly, I hope the OP agrees. :)
One tiny note in that the Dark Elf NPC tiles are still generally grey-skinned and black-haired, but at least those don't come with Background stating otherwise.

+ Reply