Redesign of www.adom.de
issueid=3189 07-18-2014 10:25 PM
The Creator
Number of reported issues by adom-admin: 499
Redesign of www.adom.de

TB needs to make up his mind on how to have it appear and Krys will help with graphical add-ons.
Issue Details
Issue Number 3189
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Other (please specify)
Status Implemented
Priority 1 - Highest
Suggested Version ADOM r50
Implemented Version ADOM r57
Milestone Initial Steam Release
Votes for this feature 6
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users adom-admin, Ravenmore
Tags (none)

07-22-2014 12:32 AM
I would love to see a redesign of adom.de. It's probably important for this push to make the game more popular too. If anyone googles for ADOM and ends up there they might think it's a project that hasn't been changed much since 1995. Whereas if you go to ancientdomainsofmystery.com, the artwork there is freaking gorgeous, and there's no question of its recent-ness. (For those young ones for whom recent-ness is an important gauge of cool-ness.) :)

07-30-2014 10:00 PM
The Creator
Right now we are collecting ideas for www.adom.de. My basic idea is to have one central portal page in a modern design/layout with a video, a little bit of awesome parallax scrolling graphics, a short overview about the main arguments in favor of ADOM and good social media integration.

Ok, doesn't sound too special for nowadays but for ADOM it would be a big step ;-)

03-29-2015 03:35 PM
The Creator
The new website is live. See http://www.adom.de for details and let us know your feedback.

03-29-2015 05:34 PM
Ancient Member
This looks pretty damn good, I like the apparent three dimensionality with the tiles screenshots appearing as you scroll down.
The old version had simplicity but I'm glad that the crucial part of it has been retained in the new site - instant links to downloads, forum and blog.
I like the summary part with all the various ways to die (crushed to death by luggage should be there though), and variations of playstyles.

Good job Team Adom ;)

03-29-2015 06:36 PM
Ancient Member
Good work, indeed. My initial reaction when a site changes its design is always automatically negative :) But trying to be objective, this one is good-looking and easy to navigate. And I'm happy to see the old site (/adom/index.php3) is still available. The information on it, especially the old RFE and bug database, remains relevant.

03-29-2015 07:06 PM
Ancient Member
I love it as well. Very fancy looking, but at the same time, usable. I don't have anything negative to say, great website :)

03-29-2015 07:11 PM
Wow, that's one beautiful page. Very nice.
I think the big 'under-the-page' screenshot should be a dungeon scene. IMHO those look more impressive. But that's my only (minor) niggle.

03-13-2016 07:25 PM

03-13-2016 07:59 PM
Ancient Member
Thanks for noticing! Added to my TODO list :)

03-15-2016 05:05 PM
Ancient Member
Done. New files need to be uploaded before changes are visible.

+ Reply