Inventory Carrying Capacity
issueid=2694 01-28-2014 02:49 AM
Number of reported issues by Andur: 23
Inventory Carrying Capacity

Currently on the inventory screen, the carrying capacity it lists is equal to your strained encumbrance weight. It would be nice if instead it showed the current weight range of the encumbrance category you are in. Particularly since it is extremely undesirable to be even burdened for some classes.

For example, right now it shows my carrying capacity is 2850 stones. If I'm carrying 2200 stones of stuff, it could say: burdened (2138-2850s) instead.
Issue Details
Issue Number 2694
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 10 - Lowest
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 20
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 8
Votes against this feature 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

01-28-2014 08:06 AM
Ancient Member
Doesn't it show the ranges when you press @?
Perhaps it's not in inventory but it's easily accessible and I use it often when playing a duelist.

01-28-2014 08:47 AM
[:b] displays current encumbrance and carrying ranges. Fast and easy.

01-28-2014 01:45 PM
Ancient Member
^what Orfeni said. I use it often.

01-28-2014 02:08 PM
I don't think that the :b command would counter this request. Despite that option, there's an encumbrance stat on the inventory screen. I think it's just a nice small UI enhancement to make it a smart stat.

01-28-2014 02:29 PM
Ancient Member
It kind of does. The inventory current encumbrance is notoriously unreliable though (just ask anyone who's broken an ice bridge). You can either pull up the inventory screen to check encumbrance or use :b to check your encumbrance levels: people should use :b.

01-28-2014 04:55 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Harkila
I don't think that the :b command would counter this request. Despite that option, there's an encumbrance stat on the inventory screen. I think it's just a nice small UI enhancement to make it a smart stat.
Exactly, the :b command has its uses when you want more information. But if you're looking at your inventory to figure out what you want to drop to reduce your burdened level, it would be handy if it was all there in one place with one command. Its really just a UI enhancement and nothing more than that.

Even better would be if the drop/pickup commands kept a running result of your current weight as you select items, so you'd know when you've selected enough junk to drop to push you down an encumbrance level.

Though it is misleading that the current inventory screen labels it as your "carrying capacity" when you can carry more weight than that around if you really want to.

01-28-2014 05:06 PM
Ancient Member
The value displayed in the inventory screen is misleading and useless after that. (I also use :b currently)

This has to change and Andur's latest suggestion of the game doing the arithmetic for the player would also be wonderful.

01-28-2014 07:32 PM
Ancient Member
Even though the encumbrance information is available with :b, this would be an improvement of the inventory information, as it would clearly be more informative than the current display. I vote yes.

+ Reply