[RFE]Improve effect of Potions of Training
issueid=4307 04-16-2016 10:13 AM
Number of reported issues by SinsI: 41
[RFE]Improve effect of Potions of Training
Make blessed work on all skills at once

Potions of Training are next to useless due to random nature of the skills they are supposed to increase, and given their rarity - they could sure use a boost!

Making blessed one work on all PC's skills at once is in line with other similar potions (potion of gain attributes), and it also makes sense that it trains the PC as a whole and not just one of his parts.
Issue Details
Issue Number 4307
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version ADOM r66 (v2.2.0)
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 13
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

04-19-2016 09:15 PM
That feels like it might be a bit too strong, especially on the types of characters with tons of skills like an orc ranger or a lucky bard. I do agree that they feel like they need something extra, though.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but right now, they only up dice (aka theoretical training) and not advancement/skillchecks (aka practical training), right? Why not make it to where it applies a (modest-to-moderate-to-extensive based on BUC) amount of practical training too?

04-19-2016 10:36 PM
Maybe upgrade 1/3/5 skills, or a random number instead of all skills? I agree that upgrading all skills seems too powerful and reliable.

04-20-2016 08:21 AM
If your character has tons of skills - it is his own merit, he has honestly learned them, so getting more benefits (including from this potion) is his just reward. If he only gets to improve a single random skill (or any limited number of random skills) at once, he is penalized instead (since junk skills can be improved instead of something useful).
If it is deemed too powerful, the advance can be reduced a bit (i.e. instead of upgrading from "+1" to "+3d3" - only go to "+1d3"). Though only playtest can tell if it would really be that good, since the improvement is only to the potentials - so characters are still limited by skill practice and Learning score.

04-21-2016 02:57 PM
Ancient Member
It could also increase the dice on all skills even if it doesn't actually increase all skills.

+ Reply