Blot the Sun - Reading
issueid=2433 11-02-2013 01:33 PM
Number of reported issues by struds: 3
Blot the Sun - Reading
Blot the sun should interrupt reading

While reading currently if you vomit darkness from this corruption you continue to read, even though it's pitch black.
My suggestion is that if this corruption activates mid way through reading it should stop you from being able to complete what you are reading unless you have a light source.

(I searched to see if anyone else had suggested this but couldn't see it, so sorry if it is a duplicate)
Issue Details
Issue Number 2433
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority Unknown
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 19
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 12
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

11-02-2013 03:11 PM
Ancient Member
Reading should probably stop whenever the PC can't see, whatever the reason. Babbling mouth corruption casting darkness, torch burning out while in darkness, NPC casting darkness, etc.

01-10-2014 06:38 AM
nathrakh
This just happened to me. While I'm happy that I learned the spell, it was kind of illogical. Voted yes.

01-13-2014 05:46 AM
I agree. Could it be made so that if you have a light source on you, you can still continue reading with no interruption? Otherwise if this triggers, no matter if you have a torch or amulet or the vial, you are screwed anyways.

01-26-2014 12:17 PM
Voted yes. Also reading at the moment with that corruption, and while it's convenient, it's illogical. Also, with dooming, it's downright lethal.

And yes, definitely with a light source activated, there should be a chance to continue reading. Either directly or via Y/n query.

01-26-2014 12:29 PM
Ancient Member
> Could it be made so that if you have a light source on you, you can still continue reading with no interruption? Otherwise if this triggers, no matter if you have a torch or amulet or the vial, you are screwed anyways.

Well, I don't think the phial of Caladriel is a passive light source. So, it should not make continued reading occur.

+ Reply