autopickup keeps picking up items if something bad happens
issueid=1285 10-21-2012 11:11 AM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Sami: 91
autopickup keeps picking up items if something bad happens

Autopickup and drop all items of type X could have a warning and an option to stop picking up/dropping if something bad happens to an item. Like having potions or wands on autopickup while having poison hands/mana battery.
Now the game just picks up everything on the stack and one may end up having 100 potions of poison or 50 empty wands after forgetting autopickup on.
Issue Details
Issue Number 1285
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Other (please specify)
Status Suggested
Priority Unknown
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 3
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 8
Votes against this feature 5
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

10-21-2012 04:01 PM
Ancient Member
I'd prefer this to have a confirmation box along the lines of "Continue picking up items [Y/y/n/q]" (since one might like to drain all their wands, for instance). In addition, it would be nice to have this implemented for non-coaligned altars /before/ your stuff is destroyed (at the cursing stage perhaps).

10-21-2012 05:23 PM
Ancient Member
Since it's somewhat related, the GB makes the following mention: "Dropping items on a nonaligned altar will make the deity that owns the altar angry. This causes some warning messages along the lines of "GET YOUR JUNK OFF MY ALTAR." Ordinarily this should be enough warning. If an extended drop command is used, however, there seems to be a bug present that allows the dropping to continue until the angry deity curses the inventory of the PC. Watch out for this."

Not sure I agree with the suggestion regarding poison hands and mana battery myself. Screwing all your wands and potions up sure is frustrating, but the possibility is what makes those corruptions a mixed blessing at most. If you choose to keep them (or are unfortunate enough to lack corruption removal), you have to deal with that.

12-12-2012 05:52 PM
Ancient Member
I'm voting yes, because the PC is a robot but not bloody stupid( maybe some races ).

12-12-2012 06:11 PM
I've had a nasty incident with a co-aligned altar (probably lower than I thought piety + tons of stuff), so you have my vote.

12-12-2012 07:09 PM
I kind of agree here. But also it's true that it would very much neuter the oops-i-forgot factor of the corruptions. How about giving the query once you manage to ruin one item? I.e. not triggered by picking up the first potion of poison or wand with 0 charges, but once the message is generated that mana is absorbed etc. for the first time.

01-27-2014 04:10 PM
Ancient Member
Also see issue 2687.

+ Reply