Add {equipped} tag for item destruction messages
issueid=2438 11-04-2013 09:17 AM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by _Ln_: 97
Add {equipped} tag for item destruction messages

Currently when your PC suffers a large amount of item destruction, you will see loads of messages that show what items you've just lost. However, if you happen to have a single uncursed amulet of light equipped and in backpack, there is no way to identify which one got zapped. This may lead the player to develop to a standard rule to check equipped items after a heated conversation with a bunch of blue dragons concerning the murder of their leader. While this is a healthy practice for ADOM, the situation may be improved. If a necessary tag is prepended to item damage description, the player will easily see which one of his/her items was destroyed.

So instead of seeing "Your uncursed amulet of light is shattered!" you'll see "Your {equipped} uncursed amulet of light is shattered!" With freshly added Sage features it will be (I think) possible to color two types of messages in different shades of red for even better results.

For backpack damage the messages can be left without a tag so as to keep message amount to minimum.
Issue Details
Issue Number 2438
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Implemented
Priority 7
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 19
Implemented Version ADOM 2.3.0 (r73)
Milestone "Ease of Use" UI
Votes for this feature 6
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

11-04-2013 09:25 AM
Ancient Member
I must say, something like this I have longed for. I would even go as far as to say the tag should be a totally different colour, so it is even more pronounced.

11-04-2013 01:17 PM
Ancient Member
I like it. I was thinking maybe the wording could be different altogether for equipped items (e.g. "The uncursed amulet of light around your neck is shattered", "The orcish spear (+1, 1d8+2) in your right hand melts away"), but that might be too spammy, and a simple "{equipped}" tag makes it easier to set up coloring for these messages.

06-25-2017 08:12 PM
The Creator
I have added the {equipped} tag to the appropriate item damage messages.

+ Reply