Make NPC dialogue more prominent
issueid=4039 11-19-2015 01:49 PM
Number of reported issues by baws: 1
Make NPC dialogue more prominent

With the changes to the message buffer in the steam version and removal of most of the -more- prompts, the NPC dialogue gets kind of lost, I suspect many new players will completely miss the stuff they say when getting quests.

Possible fixes: change the color of the dialogue to something that stands out from the normal message log colors and perhaps force a -more- prompt. Alternatively, use popup windows, similar to the achievements, to ensure they get read.
Issue Details
Issue Number 4039
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All Steam Versions
Status Implemented
Priority 7
Suggested Version ADOM r61 (v2.0.0)
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone "Ease of Use" UI
Votes for this feature 7
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

11-19-2015 05:41 PM
I find the popup windows really interrupt the flow of the game, but maybe dialogue could be changed to allow more reading time.
Personally I'd like a version of the new layout with messages hitting the top-centre of the screen instead of the bottom-left. (Like the classic, but with the HUD either at top or base, and messages below if it's at the top).

11-19-2015 07:15 PM
As an example of this, a friend who I've been trying to get into adom just sent me this message on steam: 'ok, i chatted with the guy in the village but nothing happened??'.

Another way to improve this might be a prominent notification when you pick up a new quest.

06-20-2017 08:40 PM
The Creator
Chat window in the middle of the screen when conversing with NPCs

+ Reply