Easier bug temple access
issueid=4110 11-27-2015 10:47 PM
Number of reported issues by shockeroo: 50
Easier bug temple access

Despite having played 1000s of games, every new version stops me entering the bug temple. I've just edited adom.cnt - for probably the 20th time - to let me in again, but I'm beginning to think the 100 games restriction is a bad idea.

Can we maybe have an option to turn off the restriction to bug temple entry in some kind of game option menu?

Or possibly just replace the refusal with a sternly-worded warning to players with less than 100 games?
Issue Details
Issue Number 4110
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version ADOM r64 (v2.0.3)
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 14
Votes against this feature 3
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

11-27-2015 11:22 PM
Ancient Member
I thought that it had been changed to 5 deaths at some point. Was this changed back?

11-28-2015 08:53 AM
Ah, possibly - I never heard that. I keep running into the message and setting my counter to 101, but possibly it's lower.

All the same, it's super annoying when you forget and start your first game in a new version, want to go there and find you can't get into it in that game - ever...

11-28-2015 07:35 PM
Yes please. This restriction does make sense for new players who just started but for those played for 15 years and just started a new version (or the same version on another machine) it doesn't it only make playing a bit more annoying if you know the trick.

11-29-2015 03:27 AM
Five deaths sounds ideal, but it wouldn't let me in with fifteen (as per this version).

11-28-2016 06:54 AM
ARGH ARJ@#$Q#@(A$R)(#@$C(A#@$(A@#$(A#I@M$()@I$()@#I!!!!!

I just tried to get into the Bug Temple in the latest version and I can't.

Related: Does the games played counter reset every time ADOM updates in Steam? I'm pretty sure that it does, and it REALLY shouldn't.

Also: On reflection, I think that the sternling-worded warning is a LOT better than just locking people out. It's INCREDIBLY annoying for return players.

11-29-2016 01:23 AM
Ancient Member
for the steam version it should linked to the achievement of visiting the bug temple or 5 deaths. that way once it is unlocked you can permanently access it.

06-19-2017 08:24 PM
One more RFE related to the same thing: #4779

05-04-2020 03:35 AM
I've just reinstalled ADOM, doing nicely, got to L30, gone to the Bug Temple.... and of course it's locked. Again.

Please, remove this horrible restriction. It's ridiculous.

+ Reply