Illogical Longbow
issueid=2623 01-10-2014 08:43 AM
Number of reported issues by JagaJazzist: 12
Illogical Longbow
Small race+Long bow=???

Not sure this is feature or bug,i choose feature
How its possible to use Longbow for Dwarfs,Hurthling,Gnomes?(Maybie with propper corruption? :p)Or maybie Longbow not so long?
Suggest: add one new type of bow somthing between Short and Long,or add exclusive bow for Elves only,or add penality to small races with Longbow.need to do something!
Issue Details
Issue Number 2623
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 7
Status Suggested
Priority 10 - Lowest
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 20
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 2
Votes against this feature 11
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

01-10-2014 03:46 PM
Ancient Member
That's nothing - how can hurthlings equip hulking armor? :)

01-10-2014 04:19 PM
Ancient Member
You can still turn a long bow sideways and shoot it even when 2 feet tall. A bit less accurate though. :p As they say, realism is a bad thing in these type of games.

01-10-2014 09:05 PM
These sorts of things are actually addressed in ADOM II (where character size is taken into account) but I doubt ADOM could implement that level or realism without massively overhauling the entire game. Not worth it.

01-11-2014 11:54 AM
realism is bad thing in this games?but why hurthlings wear boots with penality?about hulking armor im tnhik its a some kind of exoskeleton or ancient machina,and 15000 stones is some kind of requirement to control it from inside,Still suggest to add penality to small races :)

01-12-2014 09:38 PM
Stingray1 - turning a longbow sideways won't let you pull the string back far enough, so there should be at least some range penalty ;) Also PC should be banned from walking through narrow doorways while holding the bow this way :P

01-13-2014 06:18 AM
Ancient Member
Well, depends on the length of your arms. :p You can hold it above you and with really long arms you could.

01-13-2014 06:55 AM
Dwarfs,Hurthling,Gnomes have long arms?

01-13-2014 07:30 AM
Ancient Member
Maybe if you have stilts for legs you are tall enough to use a long bow without penalty.

01-13-2014 02:23 PM
As i say earlier Maybie with propper corruptionthey can!As i see 10 ppl against this,with no (Logical)reason IMHO(About Hulking Armor better ask TB,IMHO this armor looks like i said).Maybie TS need create more detailed suggestion?Or this tiny feature too tiny for ya?Ancients..

01-13-2014 05:57 PM
Ancient Member
I voted no because ADOM has no real support for the size of races determining what they can wear—this is a feature more suited to ADOM II. In addition, I think this is a case where realism actually hurts; maybe they can't realistically wield a long bow or a quarter staff or the TOTRR…but so what? This is an acceptable break from realism and makes the game more fun.

+ Reply