[RFE]Trade Fletchery Sets to archery-type monsters for missiles
issueid=4346 06-28-2016 12:16 AM
Number of reported issues by SinsI: 41
[RFE]Trade Fletchery Sets to archery-type monsters for missiles
Allow to 'g'ive it away in exchange for arrows and quarrels to friendly archer monsters

During the course of the game, characters are able to collect quite a few Fletchery Sets. But without the appropriate skills, all they are good for is selling in shops.
Meanwhile, where are quite a few archers and archery-using monsters - ratling and dark elven archers, barbarians, raiders - in the game that should be able to create ammo using it.
It would be nice if you could 'g'ive away your Fletchery Sets to a friendly archer in exchange for some arrows/quarrels.
It would, probably, be at a reduced rate compared to actual use at maxed skill. Ratio should depend on Charisma/Appearance score.
Issue Details
Issue Number 4346
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 10 - Lowest
Suggested Version ADOM r66 (v2.2.0)
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 11
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

06-28-2016 12:25 AM
Ancient Member
Looks neat! Up voted!

06-28-2016 04:26 AM
Maybe you could even give it to Hawkslayer. So that way there is at the very least a guaranteed source.

In general I think it would be cool to have more trading in the game, at some point gold just becomes a non-factor so it would be cool to trade one useful item for a different useful item. For example, if you're sitting on 3 dragon scale mails maybe you could trade them to a dragon hunter for dragon slaying missiles.

This is exactly the type of stuff I would like to see added, although maybe not my examples. It's just a way to add more nuance to the game.

06-28-2016 09:44 AM
Sounds nice, balanced and a nice twist to a usually useless item. Upvoted.

06-28-2016 11:05 PM
Makes sense as long as you can milk archers for their missiles. If they will be giving not that much and not that good quality. Good point about Hawkslayer.
But I'd rather see other archers pecified by giving them fletchery sets.

+ Reply