Give non-coporeal undeads ability to pass through walls and cold immunity
issueid=5648 11-12-2017 09:04 AM
Number of reported issues by emilus: 48
Give non-coporeal undeads ability to pass through walls and cold immunity

for example:

Spectres, Wraiths, Ghosts...

All of them should have ability to pass through walls and should have cold immunity.

Currently only ghosts and wraiths can pass through walls (spectres cannot) and all of them are vulnerable to cold.

Also I dont know how coporeal shadows are but IMHO shadows definetly should not fear winter too.
Issue Details
Issue Number 5648
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Fixed
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version ADOM 3.0.6
Fixed Version ADOM 3.1.0
Milestone Important Bugfixes
Users able to reproduce bug 1
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users adom-admin
Tags (none)

11-13-2017 09:25 AM
It doesn't seem to be obvious from in-game descriptions but I was always under impression that shadows are moving by surfaces but never through them. Might be wrong though, but it could explain why they don't have such ability in game.

I suppose should be RFE, not a bug.

11-14-2017 11:16 AM
The Creator
I agree on the immunity to cold. Fixed.

The cloud description of wraiths was meant to indicate a modicum of physicality. Thus they won't get the ability to pass through walls.

11-14-2017 07:06 PM
cool - now spectres and ghosts should be usefull in ICD Levels

11-24-2017 10:52 PM
What about revenants and spectres. Do they get ability to pass through walls too ? For sure they look like ghosts in game.

01-27-2018 05:04 PM
how it is now in v. 3.0.6:

Cold immunity seems to work well now on some of undeads, but now:

Vile Spirits, Wraiths and Ghosts (all) are the the only undeads that have ability to pass through walls.

How it should be:

Wraiths should not pass through walls (as You stated before),

Please give that ability to higher tier non-coporeal undeads:

- Spectres (they are high on necromancer undead slave list - not giving them that ability is making them rather questionable choice)
- Shadow Lords (they are very high on necromancer undead slave list - PV 0 - they leave no corpse - from description its hard to tell if they have physical form)
- Revenants ([...] An aura of malice surrounds this ghostly figure [...])

All mentioned above undeads seems to not have physical form.

02-12-2018 08:15 AM
The Creator
Fixed the wraiths. Revenants in my mind always have been rotting hateful corpses so I adjusted the description. Shadow Lords are more shadows than anything - so in my book they shouldn't pass through walls.

Spectres... well... now they do.

+ Reply