Piety stuck at "Seems to be very close to you"
issueid=5745 11-20-2017 01:51 AM
Number of reported issues by mercy: 7
Piety stuck at "Seems to be very close to you"
Piety increase text is bugged when sacrificing at a black altar

v2.3.8:

Sacrificing at a black altar with a chaotic character - after two successful pre-crownings - causes the piety reporting text stuck at "Ni'Pregh seems to be very close to you".

Then suddenly praying to Ni'Pregh at the statue "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam": he announces, he has crowned me champion. Then reloading the game the crowning works anywhere, but the altar sacrifice text is stuck at "Ni'Pregh seems to be very close to you".

Sacrificing the Obsidian Amulet - crowning gift - doesn't anger the god at all..
Issue Details
Issue Number 5745
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 7 (NotEye)
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version ADOM 2.3.8
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 5
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

11-20-2017 07:09 AM
Obsidian amulet is just an amulet of chaos, that's not the crowning gift.

This is a well documented bug that has been in the game for as long as I've been playing (1.1.1).

It would be nice if it were finally fixed but it's possible that it hasn't been fixed for this long because it's hard to fix and isn't very high priority.

11-21-2017 11:47 AM
No prob then. I'll just pray to test crownings at intervals, if piety doesn't appear to change in a good while.

12-11-2017 05:27 AM
Given the whole point of additional piety levels was to make closeness to crowning easier to determine, I vote this should be fixed, even if after game-breaking issues.

12-11-2017 05:30 PM
Same happens on a white altar after achieving 2 precrownings. Crowning just happens during "very close to you". Probably a complex set of logic in a too large code.

+ Reply