Greater Daemon are able to create lesser demons and quasits.
issueid=3359 10-20-2014 05:01 PM
Number of reported issues by lan1967: 18

Sorry for disturbance, dear forum users.
I found a small misconception in description of greater daemons. Their description states:
"A daemon with the power to create lesser beings of its kind, they have great powers of magic and manipulation on this plane."
But in game they presumably never call least demons and quasits to aid the senior masters in their holy quest.
Thank you for your attention.
Issue Details
Issue Number 3359
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Implemented
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version ADOM r51
Implemented Version ADOM r52
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 4
Votes against this feature 3
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

10-21-2014 08:33 AM
Naturally: also
- monster calls for help... other imps arrive

10-21-2014 10:36 AM
We have quite many summoners already.. Ok that greater daemons are not that abundant, but still.

But agree that the case should be fixed, either by enabling summoning or changing the monster description. IIRC mimic hiveminds have the same flaw.

10-21-2014 02:22 PM
Ancient Member
I think it's probably best to have them not summon. The Dwarftown quest with the greater daemon could become, uh, problematic, otherwise, IMHO.

10-22-2014 06:47 AM
Ancient Member
Greater daemons are already pretty scary, to boot (those stat drains are nothing to mess with). I, too, think modifying the description slightly is the better option.

10-22-2014 08:39 AM
Ancient Member
Note that it says "create", not "summon" or "call for help" as other summoners' descriptions.

Perhaps it could be implemented as a breeder power with the slight change that the generated monster is not of the same kind. One least daemon/imp/quasit at a time is quite certainly manageable and strikes me as something atmospheric (summoning raw mass from some infernal plane and a soul from a personal stock to fuse them into a daemonic being).

10-22-2014 05:33 PM
Ancient Member
Ln as usually has a great idea. Greater daemon could be made to occasionally spawn a lesser one that assists it.
It would indeed fit thematically and give incentive to dispatch the greater daemon sooner, before it "creates" more lesser daemons which can in turn breath fire and increase the destruction chance for items on the floor and worn/carried by the PC.

10-22-2014 07:23 PM
I was thinking of making monsters killed by greater daemons transform into lesser daemons (you'll need a soul to convert, right?), but Ln's idea is quite simple and straightforward. Seconded!

10-24-2014 09:13 AM
Upvoted for _Ln_'s method. "Summoning" a single monster at a time seems like it would be enough to make it interesting and the description valid, but without making things too extreme.

10-26-2014 11:04 PM
I also like the single monster summon.

Otherwise change the description, GDs are powerful already and I really wouldn't want another mass-summoner.

11-02-2014 01:48 PM
The Creator
Adjusted. It now summons. One being. Occasionally.

+ Reply