[RFE] Merchant's potential power to call thugs.
issueid=3362 10-22-2014 04:12 PM
Number of reported issues by lan1967: 18
[RFE] Merchant's potential power to call thugs.
Merchant's are able to call thugs on 25 lvl.

Hi, dear forum users. I was offered by some members to put this topic to RFE list.
My point is to give some more power to merchants.
In the game merchants are able to call a group of thugs to protect their property.
Merchants as a class are relatively unprotected for battles.
Why not add them the skill allowing to call thugs/muscular dwarves depending on race at the cost of mana like for beastfighters or elementalists. It will be special magic known only for traders granted by the god of traders.
The level of thugs/muscular dwarves dependent on danger level of the level and PC's level.
It could be added on 25 lvl, while immunity to weather effects could be on 6 lvl.
Thank you for your attention.
Issue Details
Issue Number 3362
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version ADOM r51
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 10
Votes against this feature 4
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

10-26-2014 10:03 PM
I actually like this, even though I wouldn't use it much (I don't like companions).

It makes sense for Merchants to be able to do what Shopkeepers can do as they level up, and it's a cool power. Around L25 is decent as well (18 would work too), as it won't trivialise the early game, but they could still have an impact.

10-26-2014 11:54 PM
Instead of using mana, it might make more thematic sense if it uses gold. Especially since it's more like the merchant is hiring thugs instead of summoning them. Perhaps after you gain this ability (at a certain level, perhaps? Or even from the beginning, as gold is gold), the game asks you how much gold you want to spend, and then you get a number of thugs dependent on how much gold you spend. Offer too little gold, and no one comes to help.

Additionally, instead of them just "appearing" spontaneously, they could actually be created outside of the PC's line of sight. That way, it's more like they're running in to help, and less like they're being magically summoned.

+ Reply