WMoPC in Thieves Guild
issueid=5937 01-18-2018 03:25 AM
Number of reported issues by Kelibath: 25
WMoPC in Thieves Guild

Tried my first run through the Thieves Guild to kill Yergius today with a level 10 character - two writhing masses, at least, spawned as I was still trying to find my way through the doors.
Surely the thieves should know where their own corruption traps are and not constantly walk into them? At least not after the first time.
Plus it's nearly guaranteed one is going to turn up unless you're playing someone who can power through the doors with magic, brawn or thief skill (ie, maybe half the classes).
It's a severely massive danger boost to what is otherwise a well developed area so is a way to either remove corruption traps entirely or at least let the human-intelligence thieves stay back when they find one?
Issue Details
Issue Number 5937
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 7 (Steam)
Status Implemented
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version ADOM 3.0.6
Implemented Version ADOM 3.1.0
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 5
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

01-18-2018 11:51 AM
100%.
First all why would they want to have corruption traps at all?
Secondly, monsters don't seem to remember traps they've discovered at all. Neither they tend yo avoid them like player tries. Having them at least some awareness would be nice although it might be challenging to implement...

01-21-2018 10:48 AM
I think that having corruption traps adds flavour to the game, especially seeing another mob getting corrupted to death by it. I suggest that:
1) thieves in that area should avoid all their own traps, i.e Pyramid/Minotaur-maze mob logic;
2) WMoPCs should scale much harder to current DL. Currently, WMoPCs are certain death to low-level PCs regardless of the DL they are on. They should be much easier if met at an early DL.

02-12-2018 02:16 PM
The Creator
Members of the thieves guild already were meant to ignore traps. But I forgot to activate that feature for newly created wandering monsters. This now has been fixed.

+ Reply