XP reduction to prevent multiple levels works weirdly
issueid=6111 03-16-2018 06:45 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Grond: 971
XP reduction to prevent multiple levels works weirdly

Killing the great gray wyrm right after hitting level 45 gave ~900,000 XP, killing it while close to level 46 gave ~300,000 XP.
  1. It's weird that you need to manage when you do the kill to not get completely ripped off on XP.
  2. It's weird that an anti-scumming measure would even kick in for this kill. It's not like a level 45 character is under-leveled for this and needs to rely on exploits to get the kill.
Issue Details
Issue Number 6111
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 10 (Steam)
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version ADOM 3.1.2
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

03-28-2018 10:39 AM
The Creator
I honestly have no good idea on how to "fairly" adjust this but believe that at such high levels it doesn't matter too much either.

03-28-2018 05:12 PM
Ancient Member
If you cap the XP at the difference between the level N and level N+1 experience requirements, it would at least avoid needing to micromanage when to kill high-XP monsters. Maybe allow two level ups even at high levels? As it is you'd almost have to be playing a troll to see the full XP reward from stuff like gray wyrm and Rolf... which is okay, I suppose.

03-29-2018 03:21 PM
I'd cap based on level and % of XP gained from the last level up until the next level up. So if limit is 2 levels and you've just got level up - you'll be able get 2 level and a bit more XP. If you're almost reached the next level - you will be able to get 2 level ups and amost reach the next one.

It is a bit more complex but will give even XP regardless of how close you're to the next level up.

+ Reply