Make Blup show up in the water dragon cave after he flies away from Terinyo
issueid=1836 01-22-2013 09:57 PM
Number of reported issues by Dogbreath: 74
Make Blup show up in the water dragon cave after he flies away from Terinyo
Blup should appear in the WDC with his mommy after being told about it.

This is something that really bothered me when I played ADOM as a kid, actually. I always expected Blup to show up in the WDC after he flies off... and was kind of disappointed not to find him swimming around there. Maybe he should have a special message thanking you?
Issue Details
Issue Number 1836
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 10 - Lowest
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 11
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 63
Votes against this feature 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

01-23-2013 01:26 AM
Ancient Member
I was always disappointed by this, as well.

01-08-2014 09:53 PM
Well, one person is a heartless bastard.

01-09-2014 11:29 AM
I always though the Blup story was a bit sketchy. He should be with his mom when you go to raid the lair (and get hostile too if she does), or if you go back to the cave after raiding/killing her, he finds out you did and is also hostile. Maybe an big alignment drop and an appropriate reward would be good.

02-05-2014 08:55 AM
Well, like my other threads, I'm giving this one the yearly bump to see if there's any chance it might get implemented. OTOH, it's not necessarily important, just a nice little touch.

01-06-2015 05:24 PM
Another year, another bump.

01-07-2016 02:27 AM
Another year, another bump!

Search your feelings, Thomas. You know this to be right.

01-07-2016 10:57 AM
Ancient Member
It is right. We get a bunch of extra features that admittedly few people care about which this gets 39(!) yes votes and still no implementation?
At least a word of acknowledgement would be nice.

01-07-2016 01:24 PM
I think that its maked by purpose of creator.

Blup little baby blue dragon travels ALONE without any help long way to underwater cave.

Imagine him being kidnapped by raiders or shot by barbarians :)

I know that this scenario is evil.

But drakalor chain is such corrupted place :)

BTW I did not voted down.

Maybe creator did :)

01-07-2016 02:37 PM
Ancient Member
I support this RFE, but it does suggest some additional work:

Note that if he has a special message thanking you he should probably also have a message if you (after sending him home and talking to his mom for the quest), slaughter his mom.
Also, you'd need some logic for killing him(in the cave) after completing the quest, what the mom might do.

01-10-2016 01:15 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous
It is right. We get a bunch of extra features that admittedly few people care about which this gets 39(!) yes votes and still no implementation?
At least a word of acknowledgement would be nice.
I've thought about that some. While obviously TB has complete creative control over ADOM and I wouldn't dream of imagining our suggestions as anything more than just that, there are bugs that have been reported and left unacknowledged for several years (the raging pets one is one of my pet peeves), and there are some massively popular, easy to implement RFEs out there that would significantly improve the game. (The Trees of River Levels one is probably the best example of a really great idea that has been ignored for several years)

I think it would really help make ADOM a better, more polished game if, on one of these upcoming versions, Team ADOM stopped for a while to just go through every single bug report and make the game completely bug-free, and then maybe *considered* every RFE with, say, over 15 or 20 yes votes. Not implemented, mind you, just considered and gave a yes/no, and then implemented all the yeses before into the next version. It would make it a lot easier to keep up with the RFEs and bug reports real time, instead of wading through 150+ pages of reports and picking random ones to reply to, which seems to be the current MO.

01-10-2016 01:18 AM
Ancient Member
Funny thing is, the trees on a river level is supposed to get implemented now :) at least according to TB a couple weeks ago.

01-10-2016 01:20 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Blank4u47
Funny thing is, the trees on a river level is supposed to get implemented now :) at least according to TB a couple weeks ago.
Really? He never replied to the RFE...

01-10-2016 01:33 AM
Ancient Member
He did a series of updates on a ton of rfe's around New Year's Day or Christmas, don't remember, where he changed the milestones and assigned a user to the issues, I remember the tree one being among them as I was rather excited about all the upcoming changes.

Edit: just looked it up, it is indeed marked as accepted and milestone changed to potential work pipeline.

01-15-2016 07:54 AM
I completely support this RFE. Adds interest and believability to the NPCs and quest involved. Plus, 49-1 is pretty overwhelmingly positive.
It would require a friendly message from both Blup and hopefully his mom on reuniting, as well as a hostile Blup or mom if you've killed the other after the water cave's location is passed along. A special message for each circumstance would be nice and probably not require much further implementation..?
Obviously it's a shame if a player then uses the new content as an exploit to murder Blup or ruin his life by killing his mom afterwards, but then, you can *eat the cute dog corpse*..

01-15-2016 04:36 PM
I'm always in favor of more sources of intrinsic water breathing... umm I mean yeah. It'd be nice to see him happy. I totally wouldn't kill him for a second chance of getting the intrinsic.

Water dragons are tasty, though.

01-16-2016 02:53 AM
I support this! It's one of those little touches that make ADOM so cool!

06-29-2017 12:46 AM

Bump!

01-19-2018 09:10 AM

Bump!

This RFE is now half a decade old. :)

01-20-2018 06:41 AM
i never saw this til now either
doing god's work dogbreath, thank you

01-21-2018 10:39 AM
Upvoted! Precedence for adding NPCs to an area based on previous actions can be found with Khelavaster appearing in Terinyo after the quest line, among others.

+ Reply