R68 Steam - Challenge of the Week option disappears after CTD
issueid=4436 08-30-2016 01:52 PM
Number of reported issues by Couchfighter: 5
R68 Steam - Challenge of the Week option disappears after CTD
If ADOM crashes during generation or before the first autosave in Challenge Mode, the menu option to play Challenge games disappears from menu

Somewhat specific of an issue, this. I had ADOM crash on me a few times while trying to change renderer to OpenGL through NotEYE options, after I had generated a Challenge of the Week character, before the first autosave.

After I resolved the renderer issue (caused by running the game alongside OBS Studio, a popular freeware streaming software. Not an issue in itself, just had to alter settings without OBS running), I found no save for the challenge character, and trying to start a new game the option to play Challenge of the Week is missing from the menu.

During normal play this should of course not being an issue since ADOM at least for me isn't prone to frequent CTD's, but it is perhaps something that can be fixed.
Issue Details
Issue Number 4436
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 10 (Steam)
Status Creator Feedback
Priority Unknown
Affected Version ADOM r68 (v2.2.2)
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

08-30-2016 07:10 PM
Administrator
Please delete the file "adom.clg" from the "Documents\Adom\adom_steam" directory. This file stores the information that the challenge game was started.

08-30-2016 10:32 PM
Confirming that deleting that file restores challenge of the week to the new game menu.

+ Reply