Make Campaign Monsters generate at a higher level
issueid=2640 01-14-2014 10:15 AM
Number of reported issues by Dogbreath: 74
Make Campaign Monsters generate at a higher level
The "You feel a Blood Chilling Threat" monsters should generate 5-10 levels above the current dungeon danger level.

*NOTE* This post is edited from the original, to make it more coherent and let people vote on the issue. Original post (explains first 22 posts in thread included below)
Besides the apparent bug of about 1/2 of all "Blood Chilling Threat" monsters not actually being generated, the ones that are generated are usually extreme pushovers. I recommend they be generated 5-10 (or even 15) levels about the current danger level to make them an actual threat. (Or maybe just so they don't die when you blow on them too hard)

Original Post:
Of all the times I've gotten the "blood chilling threat" message, I've only encountered the monster ~40% of the time. The rest of the time, it gets killed by other monsters before I can see it. Basically, just make them like Jharod - completely ignored by other monsters on the level. That way people can actually see these monsters and enjoy them.
Issue Details
Issue Number 2640
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Implemented
Priority 10 - Lowest
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 21
Implemented Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 21
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 6
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

01-16-2014 01:53 AM
Issue Changed by Dogbreath
  • Title changed from Make Monsters Ignore Blood Chilling Threat Monsters to Make Campaign Monsters generate at a higher level
  • summary changed from to The "You feel a Blood Chilling Threat" monsters should generate 5-10 levels above the current dungeon danger level.
  • Priority changed from 8 to 10 - Lowest

01-16-2014 08:12 PM
Issue Changed by adom-admin
  • Status changed from Suggested to Implemented
  • Issue marked as addressed
  • Addressed version changed from Unknown to ADOM 1.2.0 pre 21

+ Reply