make hitting enter during conversations skip to the end
issueid=5764 11-24-2017 09:06 AM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by auricbond: 264
make hitting enter during conversations skip to the end

Or have it bound to another button. Right now i have to mash a button through conversations I've seen repeatedly, unless there's a keybinding I missed.
Issue Details
Issue Number 5764
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All with NotEye
Status Rejected
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version ADOM 3.0.3
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 1
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

11-24-2017 09:59 AM
The Creator
Actually ADOM skips all dialog bubbles when pressing ENTER?

If you receive a quest afterwards it does _not_ skip the quest window automatically - but that is intentional.

11-24-2017 10:39 AM
Ancient Member
I was including the 'congratulations on new quest' as well. I have to hit enter four times when talking to druid, three when talking to sheriff.

11-24-2017 01:58 PM
The Creator
Ummm.... no? When I talk to the Druid I press ENTER exactly twice: Once to skip the dialog and a second time to skip the quest?

Naturally this might differ when you are receicing text, quest, text, quest. But honestly: Given that we are talking about 3 key presses during a complete game I don't see the problem as you are pressing different keys for several thousand more times :-D

11-24-2017 03:52 PM
Ancient Member
Okay, I have to hit space six times, enter four times.
"recently we have been plagued..."
ENTER
"Congratulations! You have received a new quest!"
ENTER
"The unbalance started"
ENTER
"Congratulations!"
ENTER

Maybe the fact that my screen is in portrait is having an effect?

It would also be nice IMO if the speech boxes could be positioned at the top of the screen, since all other feedback is up there.

My current playstyle means a lot of early death and collecting the quests with each new game. The way it works now is probably fine for most people.

I still think it would be neat if there was a 'skip to the end' option, also mashing enter brings up the context menu afterward. Or maybe more than one popup could be queued up and displayed if there is room on the screen for it?

+ Reply