Change small cave warning
issueid=1753 01-14-2013 09:54 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Grey: 58
Change small cave warning
Instead of the scroll of warning use a level message

Currently the scroll of warning found in the small cave warns of the dangers of the small cave. However literacy isn't universal and reading unided scrolls is generally a bad idea, so this can be an easily missed warning. I suggest instead changing the warning to a level message that shows upon entry. This will make the danger of the area and the "you should not stay long" advice much clearer to new players, who seems to frequently fall victim to its trap.
Issue Details
Issue Number 1753
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 8
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 10
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 2
Votes against this feature 3
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

01-14-2013 09:58 PM
Ancient Member
I think such a message already exists (something about danger looming on this area?), but isn't displayed 100% of the time for some reason.

01-14-2013 10:02 PM
There is such a message already, and it's pretty insightful. I wasn't aware it wasn't always displayed. Maybe there's a certain roll associated with it. If something is to be changed, I don't think the scrolls need to be changed at all. Just tilting the message roll more favorably towards the player should do the trick.

01-14-2013 10:39 PM
Ancient Member
Or just always display it? After all, that's how all other special levels work...

+ Reply