Make fletchery sets easier to use
issueid=1751 01-14-2013 08:23 PM
Number of reported issues by Mekran: 2
Make fletchery sets easier to use
Currently you cannot use fletchery sets without the skill, and it is very rare to have the skill

A few prereleases ago, the drop rate of fletchery sets was increased. Very nice for archers and farmers, but not significant at all to anyone else. I would like to see them have at least some use.

I propose the two following ideas:

1. Make fletchery sets usable by anyone, but without the skill, they have a significant fail and/or have severely reduced creation. That way at least they can be used.

2. Make fletchery a racial skill. I think humans would be a logical choice, as humans are supposed to be adaptable, and I think it would make sense if they could just pick up a tool and use it. Plus, humans seem to be one of the less popular races, so a boost like this would probably be good for them.
Issue Details
Issue Number 1751
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 9
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 9
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 5
Votes against this feature 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

01-14-2013 09:17 PM
Ancient Member
Point no. 1 sounds okay. After all, non-archer PCs can already use missile weapons with relative success in the early game (at least in Berserk tactics and with above-average Dx). They could figure out how to make sense of a fletchery set to create arrows and quarrels too, obviously once again at a very big disadvantage compared to characters who built their apprenticeship around it. Rather than just a big failure rate, I'm thinking of diminished returns, damage bonuses skewed towards below-average, impossibility of creating affixed ammunition, a chance of destroying the fletchery set outright during an attempt - stuff like that.

01-14-2013 09:59 PM
Quote Originally Posted by anon123
Point no. 1 sounds okay. After all, non-archer PCs can already use missile weapons with relative success in the early game (at least in Berserk tactics and with above-average Dx). They could figure out how to make sense of a fletchery set to create arrows and quarrels too, obviously once again at a very big disadvantage compared to characters who built their apprenticeship around it. Rather than just a big failure rate, I'm thinking of diminished returns, damage bonuses skewed towards below-average, impossibility of creating affixed ammunition, a chance of destroying the fletchery set outright during an attempt - stuff like that.
I agree with no affixes without the fletchery skill. That should definitely be something special gained by the skill.

+ Reply