whip of slaughtering
heavy club
heavy cudgel
heavy flail
heavy mace
heavy skull club
heavy spear
EDIT:
"dagger of defense" is a "dagger" with "of defense" where as a "halberd of defense" is not a "halberd" with "of defense"
They are independent items, but their names as equal as corresponding item with prefix/suffix(analogous to dagger of defense, heavy dagger, dagger of slaughtering).
Maybe rename to
Code:
halberd of defeNDER
whip of BLOODBATH
HUGE club
HUGE cudgel
HUGE flail
HUGE mace
HUGE skull club
HUGE spear
or any other distinct names?
Issue Details
Issue Number 1855
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 8
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 11
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 9
Votes against this feature 3
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

01-26-2013 09:04 PM
Ancient Member
Don't see the need for this. You can always tell them apart via weight and damage.

01-26-2013 09:30 PM
Yes, but isn't this illogical that dagger of defense is a dagger, but halberd of defense is not a halberd?
the blessed halberd of defense (+10, 2d7+1) [+18, +0].
Btw, the blessed barbed halberd of defense (+4, 2d7+6) [-2, +0] probably qualifies as a bug(it's normal halberd with "of defense" suffix, probably becouse of "barbed" prefix)

01-26-2013 10:39 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by cromat
Yes, but isn't this illogical that dagger of defense is a dagger, but halberd of defense is not a halberd?
the blessed halberd of defense (+10, 2d7+1) [+18, +0].
What do you mean with this? Halberds of defense (the +18 DV kind) are halberds, they're just a separate kind. Just like mithril spears vs. eternium spears, for example.

01-27-2013 01:06 AM
His point is that a "dagger of defense" is a "dagger" with "of defense" where as a "halberd of defense" is not a "halberd" with "of defense".

I think that the naming conventions should be tidied up with the advent of ego weapons, but I dislike the specific names suggested here.

01-27-2013 03:59 AM
I agree with sockeroo.

01-27-2013 07:14 AM
His point is that a "dagger of defense" is a "dagger" with "of defense" where as a "halberd of defense" is not a "halberd" with "of defense".
Exactly. And "barbed halberd of defense" being halberd with "barbed" and "of defense" and "halberd of defense" not being halberd with "of defense" is also misleading and without reason(once You identify an item the name should be enough to decide what it is)

Quote Originally Posted by shockeroo
I think that the naming conventions should be tidied up with the advent of ego weapons, but I dislike the specific names suggested here.
I am not a great DungeonMaster/Storyteller, I hope somebody will have better ideas, that's why I wrote
or any other distinct names

01-27-2013 02:28 PM
I agree with this. I don't really see any upside to the way it currently is except to confuse newer players, who may not be as sensitive to differences in weapon weights.

+ Reply