Let all PC talk to the Mad ministrel regardless of alignment and class
issueid=1865 01-27-2013 08:41 PM
Number of reported issues by Citronvand: 6
Let all PC talk to the Mad ministrel regardless of alignment and class

I noticed I cannot talk to him with a Ratling Chaos Knight but I can talk to him with a Dark Elf Necromancer. Both having Chaotic alignment. I don't know if there is any other races/classes that he refuses to talk to but I think he should talk to all PCs because:

1. His songs are very important for new players and for those who don't want to look up spoilers
2. He is mad and hardly a lawful character.
3. He already talks to some obviously evil characters, why not all?
4. Is there any reason he wouldn't talk to a character assuming he isn't attacked?
Issue Details
Issue Number 1865
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 7
Status Suggested
Priority 6
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 10
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 2
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

01-27-2013 09:24 PM
Ancient Member
As far as I'm aware that's a chaos knight thing specifically - isn't it?

Chaos knights are supposed to provide a unique gameplay experience - all other evil characters are really only out for their own selfish and malicious purposes; they want to save the world so they themselves can rule or do whatever they want in it. Only chaos knights are actually in the service of the game's Big Bad. They're not supposed to be played by players new to the game, either.

... I think?

01-27-2013 09:46 PM
Chaos Knight is definitely a unique experience and it makes sense that not all characters speak to him such as the folks in Terinyo. But I don't understand why the Mad ministrel is one of them (see my points in the first post). Even though Chaos knight is probably not a good choice for a new player I still some consideration should be made especially since I don't think it makes sense in the first place. I mean the shopkeep in Terinyo still sells food to a chaos knight and that doesn't make sense in my opinion. No! I am not proposing he should stop selling food.

01-28-2013 12:21 AM
Ancient Member
Thomas has said this is as it should be. The Mad Minstrel, whatever his motives be, will not help out chaotic chaos knights.

+ Reply