Make cat's claw cause bleeding damage
issueid=4223 01-11-2016 06:47 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Blank4u47: 29
Make cat's claw cause bleeding damage

As the title says; I feel it would be in character for cat's claw to do bleeding damage, I feel this would make the weapon a better situational tool, rather than being mostly useless except for those crazy dual wielders who like whips too :)

Edit: adding shockeroo's idea because I like it; 9 lives theme +9 to hit, 3d3+9 dmg and {9dx}
Issue Details
Issue Number 4223
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 10 - Lowest
Suggested Version ADOM r65 (v2.1.0)
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 15
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

01-11-2016 08:07 PM
I guess this is an improvement... it's still pretty shockingly bad.

I think it's stats could also afford to improve to +9 to hit and 3d3+9 damage with {Dx+9}; a nice reference to cats having 9 lives. :)

01-11-2016 08:12 PM
Ancient Member
I think bleeding damage would be quite nice, as you could take down Titans with a low str value this way, if it's a 100% chance of bleeding effect with stacking, you could kill anything while on coward.

I like the 999 thing too :)

01-11-2016 08:43 PM
Bleeding... is powerful, when stacked. I, disagree with it, though I don't disagree with making it more powerful, just, in a less direct way.

Let it drain the life of rats upon a successful, damaging attack, without the loss of alignment that vampirism does? Give 1d4 hp upon getting a hit... you could totally lure rats into your fights for a mid-battle boost.

It'd still be a pathetic little thing, but it does gain a fair bit of utility.

Early game claw carry, anyone? ;o

01-11-2016 08:53 PM
Ancient Member
You are right, of course. My logic was that it has a decent stat modifier already, the damage kinda sucks and no other resistances, but if it caused some other indirect form of damage it'd become a useful artifact, sorta like serpents bite

01-12-2016 12:43 AM
Ancient Member
I like the bleeding and 9 lives ideas, they would fit thematically, and make this weapon slightly better.

Also, there are some types of rat (chaos, vapor, and maybe gargantuan) which aren't affected by its hidden property, so fixing/adding that would be good too.

01-12-2016 04:35 AM
I'd also make it ratling slayer as well to buff it somehow. In fact ratlings are just rat humanoids. Also it would be nice if it were not possible to disarm cat's claw.

I like +9 to hit but I'm uncertain in +9 to damage.

01-12-2016 06:29 AM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by ixi

I like +9 to hit but I'm uncertain in +9 to damage.
I think artifact having less damage than eternium weapon of same class is a bit embarrassing [3d3 vs 2d4+7, means Cat's claw maximum damage is equal to minimum damage from eternium dagger]

01-12-2016 11:13 AM
Whelp, than dooming artifacts or chaos ones don't make sense at all... There are a lot of atrifacts which are worse than regular gear in a lot of ways.

01-15-2016 06:48 AM
Maybe Cat's Claw should sicken monsters, if that's implementable? Reduce their stats, make them easier to fight? Cat scratches can be *nasty* things.

01-16-2016 05:19 PM
Ancient Member
That would be cool, but not sure if monsters can get sick?

+ Reply