[RFE]Some inventory improvement suggestions (subcategories and sorting)
issueid=2683 01-26-2014 06:55 PM
Number of reported issues by emilus: 48
[RFE]Some inventory improvement suggestions (subcategories and sorting)

My little suggesion for general improvements in misc-inventory menu (shift+i) and if its easyly doable: in pick up menu (ctrl+p) and drop menu (ctrl-d) too.
You could :

for better readability:

- add subcategories in missile category for rocks, arrows, quarrels and other.
- add subcategories in food category for snacks (cookies/candies/bones etc), herbs, corpses and regular food(rations, bread, cooked things, meat etc).

for player convinience:

- add sorting items in inventory by: name, item type, damage output, quantity, status, dv, pv, weight.
(we could use '<' '>' for switching sorting method and '^' for descending/ascending switch)

cheers :)
Issue Details
Issue Number 2683
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 3
Suggested Version ADOM r53
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 9
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

04-21-2014 06:25 PM

This is example of my idea:
If You press 1 - key you will expand only arrow menu and and rest of missile are grouped on different categories.

04-21-2014 06:52 PM
I like this idea, I also have something to add about inventory and the 'Ctrl + D' command. That suggestion would be to add a counter for the total 'dropped weight' you accumulated by dropping some stuff.

http://www.adom.de/forums/projectatt...tachmentid=161

Something like this.

04-21-2014 06:56 PM
Thx plz vote :)

04-21-2014 06:59 PM
Quote Originally Posted by emilus
Thx plz vote :)
There you are. ;)

04-21-2014 07:07 PM
Ancient Member
I'm on the fence on subcategories. While I can understand the convenience of this, especially for large inventories, I can almost imagine adding numerous extra keystrokes to inventory navigation, especially for small inventories, would be really annoying.

04-21-2014 07:19 PM
We could enable this function if list of if items is larger than 1 or 2 screen ? on default all items categories will be expanded ! :D. You can hide categories by pressing 'number' and you can see only categories that are crucial...

04-21-2014 08:03 PM
I think we should wait until ordinary missile variety will be reduced, and then see if it is still needed.

04-22-2014 06:57 PM
Would still be useful with foods. As an example, having that puupy/orb guardian corpse and your small number of food items buried in a long list of herbs some of which aren't meant to be eaten. Same goes with giant beehive produce too.

Regarding missiles i spend most of my time looking through that part of the inventory when i'm trying to arm a weapon. If the list is automatically filtered by whatever weapon you have in the missile weapon slot (that's been suggested before hasn't it?) missile subcatagories wouldn't be needed so much.

04-22-2014 07:03 PM
Ancient Member
Yes it has been suggested.

I must say that the word filter introduced in the latest prerelease makes a huge difference already when it comes to finding specific missiles.

09-28-2014 08:11 PM
I have voted yes on this feature, but would like to add one small stipulation: this is default off, because most inventories start off small. HOWEVER, a simple control (Is ctrl+s available for this) implements the sorting feature, turning it on

10-01-2014 04:06 PM
I voted yes, but to be honest the 'categorisation' I would find useful - sorting the inventory by weight, is missing from this RFE.

I don't bother spending much time worrying about whether or not to drop items that only weigh 2s, I'm more concerned with the 100s items that actually make a difference whether you drop them or not.
If I'm not dropping items, I'm looking for something specific, in which case I press enter and type 'slay' if I want to find that slaying ammo, or 'spens' for that spenseweed.

+ Reply