Auto-save Frequency Setting - Numerical Issues
issueid=5595 11-04-2017 02:34 AM
Number of reported issues by Kelibath: 25
Auto-save Frequency Setting - Numerical Issues
The auto-save frequency in the new Settings menu offers only values from 1-100, not 1-1000, defaults to 100 rather than 1000 as listed, no way to reset

I've found a major issue with the auto-save setting in the latest Steam update.

The helptext on this setting states that you can change the number of turns between auto-saves. The base default is to auto-save every 1000 turns, and the helptext claims that it'll return to that default 1000 turn setting when pressing ENTER. Alternatively the number of turns between auto-saves can be manually set from 1-100, or disabled using 0.

First issue; if one save per 1000 turns is the default, surely it should be possible to manually set any value up to 1000? (For example, I'd prefer mine to save every 600-800 turns in play, good balance of protection vs speed.)
Secondly, and more importantly, the input values are actually set between 50-100 at present. Because the maximum input value is 100, pressing ENTER actually defaults the turns between auto-saves to *100* rather than 1000 as listed.
This is unfixable at present because there is no way to manually, or automatically, increase it back to the original default value. Even setting it to 0 (disabling auto-save) before pressing ENTER won't restore the original setting after it has been changed the first time.
In any case what this means is that if a player tries to change the auto-save frequency even once they're stuck with a permanently over-frequent autosave from that point on. It also means the helptext is inaccurate.
Issue Details
Issue Number 5595
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Fixed
Priority 3
Affected Version ADOM 2.3.6
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

01-22-2018 11:15 AM
Administrator
I think this was fixed along the way, so I'm not setting a "fixed version". You can now enter values between 50 and 10.000 (both in the configuration and the game itself).

+ Reply