Possible to Duplicate Items in Ice Queen Domain
issueid=4581 10-30-2016 09:44 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Grond: 971
Possible to Duplicate Items in Ice Queen Domain

1. This is easiest to perform on IC: 1, 2, 4, 6 , but it is possible on other levels with the help of wand of destruction.
  2. Drop items at the entrance - the items to be duplicated must be on your auto-pickup list in adom.cfg.
  3. Exit on the exact opposite side of the screen - if you haven't visited the next level yet, auto-pickup will trigger on the stack of items you have left at the entrance.
  4. Despite having picked up the items, they will also remain at the entrance.

Setup needed to duplicate:
Code:
                                                                               .
                                                               ################.
                                                             ###..............#.
                                                           ###..................
       ######################                           ####....................
       #....................##                          #.......................
      ##.....................##                         #.......................
#######.......................###########################.......................
#...............................................................................
.@.........^^.^..*.^..^*^.*.^^...............................................\..
................................................................................
#...............................................................................
#######.......................###########################.......................
      ##.....................##                         #.......................
       #....................##                          #.......................
       ######################                           ####....................
                                                           ###..................
                                                             ###..............#.
                                                               ################.
                                                                               .
Issue Details
Issue Number 4581
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Fixed
Priority 1 - Highest
Affected Version ADOM r72 (v2.2.6)
Fixed Version ADOM 2.3.0 (r73)
Milestone Important Bugfixes
Users able to reproduce bug 1
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

10-31-2016 12:00 AM
Ancient Member
Mmm... will have to check it out with thunderstroke and true aim.
Would be nice to have a fat stack in case one fails to return.

11-18-2016 08:08 AM
For completeness, I verified that this bug allows for duplication of artifacts - I created multiple copies of the AMW and the Elemental Gauntlets. Next I want to try to duplicate the Orbs :)

11-18-2016 10:13 AM
Ancient Member
Oh man, I totally wanna dual wield executors or serpent's bites.

11-18-2016 11:24 AM
OMG, that's gonna be my favorite issue. I'll be doing backup of this ADOM version as soon as I'm back home from work :D

P.S. What do you think about quiver of artifact arrows!?

12-06-2016 03:23 PM
Ancient Member
I can confirm this, my assassin is now running around, dual-wielding 2 executors :D
The key is to not have the next area explored yet. If it is explored, this won't work.

12-07-2016 11:21 AM
Ancient Member
I cannot overstate how impossibly game-breaking this is.
Obviously, I'm a puny, weak man and I have decided to abuse this to no end, on every level possible, especially since I have a wand of destruction (and now I have 4 wands of destruction...).
Started with one RoDS, stack of ~20 arrows of slaying, ~20 potions of water, 9 scrolls of chaos resistance, 12 pots of ultra healing, 8 pots of gain attributes, etc.
Now multiply all that by 2, then multiply the result by 2 and again multiply by 2...
I'm not even done yet. It's a horrible and equally addictive exploit, needs to be fixed asap; I would change the priority to 1.

12-07-2016 07:04 PM
Priority 1 is for bugs that crash your game irrecoverably IMO. This is more like a 6-8. Absolutely fix it soon but I don't see the urgency.

This bug is really only a problem if a) you know about it and b) you deliberately decide to abuse it. Go ahead and win with it a couple times and see how you feel about the accomplishment. YOU'RE CHEATING! (Which is fine if that's what you want to do... We had piety overflow in the game for years.)

12-07-2016 07:58 PM
Ancient Member
You're right, 1 is indeed for game crashing bugs.
Well, I'm looking at this from a score abusing perspective.
There is supposed to be some sort of a global high score in the future and this exploit would be one way to elevate that score enormously.
Now that it's published, I'm expecting a lot of people will become aware of it and more than a few will use it regularly.
On the other hand, I have not experienced any crash-bugs in a very long time and I play quite often and experiment with things.
I suppose at this stage of development, the vast majority of crash bugs have been eliminated.

12-08-2016 07:11 AM
I'd say this is a 3-4 level case. It's a big gamebreaker, but like mentioned, not a 1 because it's not a gamecrasher.

Bugs below 5 are IMHO more in the category of illogical messages / drowning gremlins in water cave / nonstacking items.

12-08-2016 07:59 AM
Ancient Member
I really don't see much point in second-guessing the devs on what they prioritize (priority was changed to 1 by jt, for those who weren't aware). Unless there's some group of neglected bugs that are way more important...

And the chance of getting everyone else to agree on the exact same criteria on a 10-point scale is pretty much nil.

09-13-2017 01:49 PM
The Creator
Fixed.

+ Reply