Use 'handle' function to prune herbs.
issueid=3615 03-05-2015 01:34 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Blasphemous: 110
Use 'handle' function to prune herbs.

Since 'handle' has so few uses, I thought it would be nice to make it work with herbs - when you handle a herb on your tile, the game would prompt "Do you wish to destroy/remove/prune this herb?"
If answered yes, it will remove the herb entirely and consume a single turn (you literally grab the whole herb bush and pull it out of the ground).

This would improve the game for characters with high herbalism skill which makes it difficult to stabilize herb patches before the next generation appears and the pattern changes to something unfavorable.
It also expands an otherwise underused game feature.

Currently characters with fire magic have it easy because burning hands for example works exactly the same way when applied to herbs.
However only a select few characters have the access or ability to cast mentioned spell.
Wands/bolts of fire/acid/lightning also work but it kind of feels like an overkill - using a powerful offensive spell against one tiny herb?
Just 'handle' it out of the ground.
Issue Details
Issue Number 3615
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 7
Status Suggested
Priority 9
Suggested Version ADOM r57
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 8
Votes against this feature 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

03-14-2015 07:38 PM
Ancient Member
Heck, if this were implemented I wouldn't mind it completely replacing using the pick-up commands for herbs, so that when I'm picking up missiles or loot piles in the big room that happened to land on a herb square it doesn't constantly query if I want to pick the herb. That's annoying! Or maybe another work-around for that would be for the herb of the bush to be a virtual item such that it appears in the item list as "pick herbs from the bush" during comfortable pick-up...

+ Reply