ADOM on Linux Mint 18.1 Serena 64-bit
issueid=4740 05-08-2017 04:43 PM
Number of reported issues by Ackbeet: 2
ADOM on Linux Mint 18.1 Serena 64-bit
Registering Non-Existent Key Presses?

On Linux Mint 18.1 Serena 64-bit, whether I try to play the Debian or Ubuntu version of ADOM r60 (ASCII version), the game appears to be registering non-existent key presses. Suppose I try to play the Debian 8 32-bit version. I first see symptoms when I get to the screen saying "Do you want to create a [s]pecific character type ..." The cursor is blinking uncommonly fast. The same goes for the gender screen, the race screen, the profession screen, the attributes screen. As soon as I get to the naming screen, the text "What is your name?" is blinking rapidly. I can type one character, at which point the game starts (maybe the game is registering Enter or Return commands?). At the top of the screen, I continually get the message "Unknown command '?, press ? for help." This message is blinking fast. The cursor underneath my character's @ symbol is also blinking fast. I can sort of play the game, but this bug is quite distracting.

This bug happens on two of my machines, running identical copies of Linux Mint. One is a Lenovo ThinkPad 11e with an Atom processor and SSD. The other machine is a Dell Inspiron N5050 with an i3 and a HDD. Any ideas?
Issue Details
Issue Number 4740
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Linux
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 4
Affected Version ADOM r60
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 2
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

+ Reply