RFE: Clarify the Lithium man achievement
issueid=3768 07-24-2015 12:17 AM
Number of reported issues by Bieks: 47
RFE: Clarify the Lithium man achievement
Visiting the Ogre Cave locked me out of it

I didn't know whether I could visit the Ogre Cave for my Lithium Man attempt. Turns out I couldn't. I actually Googled whether or not I could enter it, considering it is part of the Caverns of Chaos. Either that or the Lithium Man achievement is broken. I am assuming it was just silly on my part. The current wording is:

"Complete the game without ever visiting any locations other than the Caverns of Chaos and the Tower of Eternal Flames"

I would like to see this amended to:
"Complete the game without visiting any locations other than the Caverns of Chaos and the Tower of Eternal Flames. The Ogre Cave and the Blue Dragon caves are off-limits as well."

Not that I visited the Blue Dragon's caves, anyway.

Other suggestions:
- Make a 'challenge game' format other than weekly challenge that allows you to choose the <metal> man mode you require, then have the game warn/kill the PC once it deviates from the postulated challenge
- Add a key you can press in the achievement list to get more information on challenge games

All that aside, I should have known.
Issue Details
Issue Number 3768
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Implemented
Priority 10 - Lowest
Suggested Version ADOM r60
Implemented Version ADOM r68 (v2.2.2)
Milestone "Resurrect ADOM" Indiegogo Fulfillment
Votes for this feature 7
Votes against this feature 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

10-05-2016 04:57 PM
Ancient Member
Avoiding S branch is pretty harsh, since you could end up visiting it by accident.

10-06-2016 02:19 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by Aldor
From what I read here (I have similar topic opened), isn't it possible that the achievement is somehow "half-unlocked" in ADOM already and therefore this new fix just won't work for those who "half-unlocked" it before?
Feels like a way to explain this. I did also finish a character with 62 places visited, did not get the achievement.

So far the only person I've seen claim credit for it visited 63 places (DH instead of AF). So maybe it only works now if you do DH *instead* of AF?

+ Reply