"Uncursed" optional string edits no longer working at all
issueid=5935 01-18-2018 01:40 AM
Number of reported issues by Kelibath: 25
"Uncursed" optional string edits no longer working at all

I very much like the option to enter a custom string replacing "uncursed". Posted an RFE a while ago because the short-form abbreviation remained "u" by default, even if the string was changed (to "mundane", for example), asking for a second option to edit the abbreviated single-letter seperately or else have it just draw the first letter from the custom string. From what I remember this was accepted as a bug and declared fixed a few weeks back. (Sorry, can't seem to see the original.)

Anyway, not only can I find no option to change the abbreviated single letter, the original option for a custom string doesn't seem to be working either. I've entered replacement options for "uncursed" several times, have saved and reloaded the game and tried to see if fresh loads alter the issue, but nothing has worked so far. The option itself within the customization menu seems to save properly and shows the new replacement but it doesn't appear anywhere in-game, not the inventory or dropped items, etc. System and OS below in bug report details.

So now any of these two fixes are needed:
a. Fix whatever is preventing the custom strings from properly replacing "uncursed" in-game
b. Add an option to select a custom letter for said string to abbreviate to when inventory items force it to be shortened down / auto-choose the first character of the custom string
Issue Details
Issue Number 5935
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 7 (Steam)
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 6
Affected Version ADOM 3.0.6
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

01-18-2018 10:46 AM
Custom uncursed string is working for in the latest steam version. You can find my weeakly challenge scores with "ordinary" items there.
Have you tried creating a new character after editing config? Existing saves were never affected by this option for me.

+ Reply