Playing music in the Library should anger the Ghost Librarian.
issueid=2465 11-11-2013 03:52 AM
Number of reported issues by TDau: 21
Playing music in the Library should anger the Ghost Librarian.
After all, this happened to the minstrel.

Playing an instrument in the Library should make the Ghost Librarian hostile and make impossible to obtain the tome.
Issue Details
Issue Number 2465
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 10 - Lowest
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 19
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone Potential work pipeline
Votes for this feature 7
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

11-11-2013 04:25 AM
It is why she threw the mad minstrel out.

11-11-2013 05:16 AM
Ancient Member
I think casting spells should also anger it.

11-11-2013 11:50 AM
Ancient Member
make impossible to obtain the tome.
That would be too much, even if the MM was kicked out for it. I'd only make it reset the 2000 turn timer. Other than that, this proposal only makes sense.

Like Stingray says, by association disallowing casting spells should be equally sensible, but I think the place is already difficult enough without that handicap.

11-11-2013 12:29 PM
Ancient Member
Well, I didn't mean disallow, like you I think resetting the counter is sufficient. By anger I didn't mean for it to become hostile, just upset thus wanting SILENCE. Shhht.

11-11-2013 09:20 PM
Ancient Member
The counter should definitely reset if you cast a spell that makes noise (e.g. any of the bolts, ball spells, etc. - basically any offensive spell, I guess). That's always bugged me. It's probably not necessary for mindcraft. And I agree w/ the original suggestion, modified to resetting counter. :)

11-15-2013 07:10 AM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by SirTheta
The counter should definitely reset if you cast a spell that makes noise (e.g. any of the bolts, ball spells, etc. - basically any offensive spell, I guess). That's always bugged me. It's probably not necessary for mindcraft. And I agree w/ the original suggestion, modified to resetting counter. :)
No, not only specific spells, but all spells being cast. Being it from memory, book, babbling mouth(although this corruption already disquilifies the PC) or wand of wonder(perhaps). Casting a spell in ADoM requires that the caster speak.

11-15-2013 09:16 AM
Ancient Member
This makes me add an RFE for "Silent casting" talent with a prerequisite of Fey-blooded for example (nobody picks that in any case). Will also allow spellcasting while mute (not that it will affect gameplay).

11-15-2013 09:38 AM
Ancient Member
If casting spells counts as breaking the silence, how about wands? Is it the casting or the spell effect that is noisy? How about smashing things dead with a big axe? Throwing anvils? Kicking walls? Mining? Commanding pets to attack?

11-15-2013 09:53 AM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble
If casting spells counts as breaking the silence, how about wands? Is it the casting or the spell effect that is noisy? How about smashing things dead with a big axe? Throwing anvils? Kicking walls? Mining? Commanding pets to attack?
Let's not get carried away here, it is only speaking that upsets the librarian. So, commanding companions might also count as speaking unless the command is issued without speach. Which is plausable.

+ Reply