You're able to merge the antediluvian map from unpaid fragments
issueid=5824 12-10-2017 01:14 PM
Number of reported issues by Harkila: 154
You're able to merge the antediluvian map from unpaid fragments

The exorbitantly priced map fragment can be acquired with zero cost by just picking it up and having all other fragments with you. Read one of your own ones, and the map is merged, debts are forgiven and the shopkeeper doesn't mind at all.

In fact, you can even sell 4 other fragments to the shopkeeper, then pick them up and read the only one you own. As long as you have one paid fragment, you are able to do this. :)
Issue Details
Issue Number 5824
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 7
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 7
Affected Version ADOM 3.0.3
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 2
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

12-11-2017 03:41 AM
As much as this is an amusing exploit, the shopkeeper probably should have some reaction to customers messing with the merchandise like this! Maybe a dialogue from them, something like "Hey! This isn't a library - stop messing with the merchandise!" The shopkeeper then moves onto the entry space of their building and insists that the player pay something toward the unpaid pieces or else drop the completed map before leaving. If the player refuses thugs are called as normal. Even more painful - mark the full map as "unpaid"..

12-11-2017 06:31 AM
Marking the full map unpaid would be quite evil. I think the shopkeeper should just prevent the merging of the map.

12-11-2017 12:33 PM
I like Keli's evil suggestion to make the entire map unpaid. Although as a shopkeeper I would surely warn the player before.

+ Reply