Stone grues and elementals not affected by telekinetic blast
issueid=3716 05-22-2015 06:19 AM
Number of reported issues by Nuteater: 2
Stone grues and elementals not affected by telekinetic blast
Stone grues and stone elementals (and possibly other stone creatures) are not affected by a Mindcrafter's telekinetic blast, which is somewhat illogical

I finally have a Mindcrafter in R57 (or R52, see Issue 3714) on a high enough level to unlock the awesome
Greater Telekinetic Blast. When reaching the Earth Temple I noticed that both earth elementals and stone
grues are immune to this power, with the force blast apparently "passing through" the creatures. This
makes me sad, since this means the elementals are immune to all of my Mindcrafter's powers, and
getting rid of them will be very tedious.

I'm not sure whether this is an intentional balance thing, since Greater Telekinetic Blast is very powerful.
However, I find it quite illogical that the same force blast that can shatter stone walls into bits does not
affect a huge creature made out of stone -- while it affects e.g. stone golems. Is the immunity simply
coming from their ability to walk through walls, like ghosts? In that case, I think the game should
differentiate creatures that can pass walls because they have no physical form, and creatures who
can do so because they have a special relationship with stone. The former could be immune to a
physical force blast (although I'm curious why hitting them with a club still works), but not the latter.
Also, the latter should only be able to walk through stone walls, although I'm not sure if there
are any other kind of walls in ADOM.
Issue Details
Issue Number 3716
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Linux
Status Unconfirmed
Priority Unknown
Affected Version ADOM r57
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

05-22-2015 08:49 AM
Ancient Member
I'm surprised GTB doesn't affect stone/earth creatures. No matter how I look at it, it should affect them.
They are physical beings and GTB is arguably a telekinetic but still physical blast.
I'd say if there were any creatures unaffected by GTB, those would be the ethereal ones, like ghosts, will-o-wisps or vortices, but certainly not grues and elementals.

05-22-2015 02:34 PM
Ancient Member
In 1.1.1, as I recall, GTB definitely worked in the Earth Temple. Perhaps this is a new bug?

+ Reply