Status with Deity 'apparently' never moving from 'very close' through sacrifices
issueid=2506 12-01-2013 06:31 AM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Stingray1: 97
Status with Deity 'apparently' never moving from 'very close' through sacrifices

I'm taking the liberty of reporting this here on behalf of Fizanko whom did all the work.

He has recently experienced this issue again and was so kind to gather levels and piety to create a savefile where the player character apparently can never get closer than 'very close' to a deity. The explanation of what he did and link to the savefile can be located in this post.

I did not post in the original issue 1353, but I have also had this happen to one of my characters in the past.
Issue Details
Issue Number 2506
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 20
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 10
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

12-02-2013 12:03 AM
Ancient Member
pretty sure it relates to pre crownings, happened to me recently as well, was able to pray at "very close" and get crowned.

01-20-2014 05:06 PM
Ancient Member
For some reason, I thought this was fixed, but I've experienced it twice in p20. It's very easy to see if one can generate an altar on PC:5 with a non-slow levelling character who has already done VD or DD.

03-24-2014 12:49 AM
I'd like to bump this. I think I figured out when the messages get stuck on "very close" - when the alignment changes after precrowning.

Case 1, DE merchant: Precrowned as L, fell to N, got back to L, prayed on L+ on very close, got crowned.

Case 2, Troll wizard: Precrowned as N, got to L, prayed on L+ on very close, got crowned.

Of course, in both cases I sacrificed what should have been enough to go through the favours messages up to absolutely close.

05-21-2015 03:46 PM
Ancient Member
This is still a problem in R57. After precrowning at N+, kept saccing at very close and N= and got crowned—never saw "favors you", "favors you greatly", or "absolutely close" after being precrowned.

06-03-2015 02:43 PM
I thought this was a feature to make it harder to get multiple precrownings, since after the first you don't know for sure you can get one.

06-03-2015 03:45 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by wheals
I thought this was a feature to make it harder to get multiple precrownings, since after the first you don't know for sure you can get one.
The problem is that the messages work perfectly for precrowns (when your alignment is off), but don't for crowning.

06-03-2015 08:46 PM
It didn't work for precrowning for me the day before yesterday. And 'A feature'? Its kind of scary how hard it is for people to tell the difference between a bug and a feature around here.

11-19-2015 11:09 PM
I'm having this bug at the moment. Got precrowned once, and then, while being L+, it's stuck forever on "very close". I will wait until I have another 50k and prey to see whether I get crowned. It definitely seems like a bug to me....

+ Reply